Stray Fawn Community

Deep Jungle Spawns Messed Up

JayZX535

Sorry if this is a known issue, I couldn't find any info on it...

Started a couple worlds in the Deep Jungle, and I'm pretty sure things aren't spawning properly.  If the wiki article is accurate, the Deep Jungle should spawn apes, rabbils, roots, smelly fruit trees, healing plants, and meat eating plants.  The apes seem to be spawning in correctly (I encountered a couple hearing apes, though I didn't see any of the others), but there are no rabbils, roots, and most noticeably no meat eating plants.  I also found a random termite mount in one game, and I'm not sure if that's supposed to be there or not.

Not sure if the wiki page is fully accurate, but at the very least I was surprised by the total absence of carnivorous plants...

12 replies to this post

It might be possible that a tiny patch of grass spawns on the jungle islands and on that a Rabbil burrow might spawn.
Roots can occasionally occur too I think.
But the missing Meat Eating Plant sounds like a bug. I'll look into it! Thanks folks ^^

• Like 3

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Odd! I haven’t been to the Deep Jungle just yet! But I can tell from your experience that there’s definitely some problems going down there.. are you sure you had Carnivorous Plants and Rabbils turned on?

I checked in on it and everything was checked in settings, so it should be working?  I could understand rabbils or roots being a mistake, but the carnivorous plants are kind of a jungle feature so...

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, JayZX535 said:

I checked in on it and everything was checked in settings, so it should be working?  I could understand rabbils or roots being a mistake, but the carnivorous plants are kind of a jungle feature so...

Jay, I have a question.. is this the Deep Jungle you’re planning on going to continue with the Family of Night from “A Castaway Tale”? If so then it’s good to prepare cause you’ll never know if bugs are gonna show up while playing..

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Wait.. new Savannah Survivors is finally out?! IVE BEEN WAITING AGES!! Aw this is sooo amazing! Okie ima go watch YT for a bit now, thanks! :D

I just realized that the roots are the digger paw roots, not the planty ones used to unlock tiles.  Yes, roots do spawn.  And that would make sense about rabbils!  But yeah, I feel the plants are supposed to be there for sure, heh.  Thanks!

• Like 2