Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 073: Cane Toads (More balanced genes)

Biogamer

Now the cane toad is classified as a pest and a threat to Australia's wildlife but believe me when I say I think they're along the lines of an evolutionary success story and with these genes here's why. First the Cane Toad Head (can't really think of a name 😅) and would be unlocked either by introducing the gene to the tribe or by collecting from poison spending 20 days in a hot biome as well as a swamp. The effects would be +2 smelling, +2 insect collecting, +2 distasteful appearance and +1 hearing as well as disable ears. Though this may seem like a little too much for a snout gene to some people in my defence the bearyena snout and saber tooth fangs have more effects. Smelling is their primary method of finding prey and if their appearance doesn't deter predators they would secrete a milky-white fluid known as bufotoxin which could lead to effects like paralysis, increased heart beat and even death.

Next the Cane Toad Body (again really can't think of a name) would be unlocked by either being invited into the tribe or by spending 20 days in both a hot and swamp biome, collecting from toxic berry bushes 10 times and receiving 10 attacks. The effects would be +2 poisonous, +1 defence, +2 heat resistance, -1 cold resistance, +2 distasteful appearance. And I really don't think there is a need to give paw/hind leg genes to this idea because the don't really have anything that make them stick out. 

Now the reasoning for these effects are fairly simple:

• Smelling is their primary method of finding prey
  • Primarily insectivores
  • Appearance deter predators
  • Secrete a milky-white fluid known as bufotoxin which could lead to effects like paralysis, increased heart beat and even death
  • Defence because their skin is tough
  • Heat resistance because they live in a variety of warm biomes (including sand dunes)

So I hope you found this interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

download.jpg

2 replies to this post