Stray Fawn Community

Planning on playing Nimbatus besides Niche

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Heyo, Silver here, not usually over here in the Nimbatus forums.. but I’ve been thinking now that I should really give Nimbatus a try and see how it goes, however it’s kinda confused me a bit and I don’t really know how to play it much, I know I’ll need some time to get used to it, but basically I need some ideas from you guys on how the game works and plays, I know it’s kinda like this space drone constructing game like in the name of the title, but I need more information, so if you guys can tell me a lot about it then feel free to reply below! One thing that’s wanting me to play it in the first place is because 1. Made by the same people who created Niche - A Genetics Survival Game, and 2. I was gifted a Nimbatus Steam key by one of the developers, but I’ve hardly been using the game and I haven’t even written a review just yet..(Sorry @Philo..).

So yeah, I just want to learn more from fans of this game.

Guest SilverTheNicheling
3 minutes ago, Philo said:

No worries ^^
Did you play the tutorial levels?

Tried to, it was just kind’ve confusing.. maybe I’ll look into watching a playthrough of it just like what I did with Niche (Niche was also pretty dang confusing so I’m glad some videos helped introduce me to the game more, and wanting to learn more about genetics too! ^^)

Yes, I'm very sorry. The Tutorials are not that beginner friendly at the moment. We plan to rework the tutorials in the future, but for the time being that's what we have :/ 

Looking videos definitely help getting a feel for how you can build a good drone and then slowly work from there. We still have quite some work to do :) 

Also, we're re-working the main gameplay mode, so there's a big change coming up soon ^^

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Markus said:

Yes, I'm very sorry. The Tutorials are not that beginner friendly at the moment. We plan to rework the tutorials in the future, but for the time being that's what we have :/ 

Looking videos definitely help getting a feel for how you can build a good drone and then slowly work from there. We still have quite some work to do :) 

Also, we're re-working the main gameplay mode, so there's a big change coming up soon ^^

Thank you for the reply! Yeah I’ve noticed that it’s still in it’s Early Access, and just like Niche before it’s still not the greatest but more improvement and bug fixing will hopefully get the game running smooth and ready for official release, as well as better content too!