Stray Fawn Community

Climbing Tail

ChasingNyx

7 replies to this post

Animals with prehensile tails such as possums usually lack the ability to actually climb with said tails. Maybe instead of being able to climb with the tail to reach the tops of trees, they can hang from a branch temporarily in order to escape from ground dwelling predatory species? It would be more accurate to the mechanics of species that can hang from their tails.

Love the suggestion, take an upvote for the road! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While on the tree, you could collect acorns. You would be gathering them from the actual tree, not the ground, so it would reduce the amount of nuts that Nichelings on the ground would be able to collect. You would also only be able to stay up there for a few days, then you would basically fall off (maybe with a little fall damage if you don't get off before you fall?). You would then not be able to climb the tree for a day or two ('cause you got to rest your tail up & recover from your fall). Also, if there are new types of trees added with new foods that you can get from them, you would be able to collect them. It would be pretty cool to hang out on a palm tree and eat coconuts all day :) (I might make that part into a new post)

• Like 1

You might've posted this in the wrong forum... these are Nimbatus feature requests, not Niche.

But it's really cool that my nagging of your idea has inspired you to another! :) You're welcome, lol. Sorry if I was harsh on the collecting tail btw, I might've accidentally conveyed the wrong tone.

Edited by Draconiya
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

u sure

Aren't those lemurs? An even then the yellow one looks like it wants to eat my soul

• Sad 1