Stray Fawn Community

Am I the only one?

Renio2490

3 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

I also thought it was a stim.. are they the same thing or different?

Different! A stim is to release an emotion (such as chewing on things when stressed) but a fixation helps relax a person or take their mind off things. :D 

Edit: They can overlap, but stimming is primarily used by people with mental illnesses/disorders/disabilities!

• Paw up 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

Different! A stim is to release an emotion (such as chewing on things when stressed) but a fixation helps relax a person or take their mind off things. :D 

Ah, okay, I guess I know better, thank you! Fun fact: I like to make animal noises to release stress(but not when I’m around people though which is a problem..)

Just now, SilverTheNicheling said:

Ah, okay, I guess I know better, thank you! Fun fact: I like to make animal noises to release stress(but not when I’m around people though which is a problem..)

That's an audible fixation, or an audio fixation! ^^ 

Sometimes known as a spoken fixation if 'A' is the one speaking. :) 

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

That's an audible fixation, or an audio fixation! ^^ 

Sometimes known as a spoken fixation if 'A' is the one speaking. :) 

Goodness all this information is intriguing!

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, wikipedia (angel) said:

Should I make a 'ask angel about MIDDs?' thread? 

Sure!

mm I used to be like this

my dad got so annoyed he bought me a baby chewing toy

apparently it worked cuz I don't do it any more, but sometimes I can just be sat in class thinking and zone out only to find I've been chewing on my pen. my old best friend was the only one I could ever borrow pens from because he knew about my "issue" and didn't care

I also had to force myself to stop because I saw other kids getting bullied for that same kinda stuff (but far worse. who chews on their tie? in the middle of class?) so I sorted myself out

You know that little clip on pens and mechanical pencils so you can clip it onto paper or something? I always use mechanical pencils and play with the clip on my lip in class. Like, put my lip between the pencil and the clip. Eventually the clip part fell off my well loved pencil (I named it Joseph xD) and I used some washi tape with cats on it to tape it back on. 

• Eek! 1