Stray Fawn Community

Ask Angel About M-I/D/Ds!

wikipedia [he/him]

Guest SilverTheNicheling

I have a question about mental illness.. does it make you want to feel secluded from people you meet in real life?

On 6/26/2019 at 1:43 PM, wikipedia (angel) said:

that's why so many people with insomnia have symptoms of depression without having it!

So insomnia or depression.

Which one would I want? Tbh no sleep sounds better buttt... I was looking at a .gov site and I have a lot of stuff on the list but I'm not gonna jump to conclusions course may be insomnia like you stated.

It is also possible that parts of the brain related to memory will burst themselves to keep a person alive.

So that's why I can't remember a darn thing. So it's like dying... but you get a respawn.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:00 PM, wikipedia (angel) said:

Anybody just suddenly forget Words? That's called anomic aphasia! 

I forget the simplest math thing. Like I would stare at 4+8 for a while then ADHD kicks in and I can't solve it.

Uh question while I'm here: Is there something where you have trouble sharing things that you know you need too?

And uh.... Also what about Dissociation Disorders?

5 minutes ago, Aetherbee said:

Which one would I want? Tbh no sleep sounds better buttt... I was looking at a .gov site and I have a lot of stuff on the list but I'm not gonna jump to conclusions course may be insomnia like you stated.

A symptom of depression is insomnia. Though insomnia can be caused by more things than depression. 

• Paw up 1

4 hours ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

I have a question about mental illness.. does it make you want to feel secluded from people you meet in real life?

There's many mental disorders that can cause isolation, especially mistrust. Depression, schizophrenia, sociopath/psychopath, and basically any antisocial personality disorder. Introversion can also cause people to feel secluded, even though it's not a mental illness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alex602h said:

I can not only make a picture inside my head, i can animate it! I sometimes make films in my head when im bored. I can also do it with open eyes! Is this normal?

Very normal, especially in creative people.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

42 minutes ago, alex602h said:

I can not only make a picture inside my head, i can animate it! I sometimes make films in my head when im bored. I can also do it with open eyes! Is this normal?

Yeah, I’ve made whole AMVs in my head.

17 hours ago, ArgenteLeNicheling said:

Yes, often. If you want to take this to PMs, you can. :) 

13 hours ago, Aetherbee said:

So that's why I can't remember a darn thing. So it's like dying... but you get a respawn.

I forget the simplest math thing. Like I would stare at 4+8 for a while then ADHD kicks in and I can't solve it.

Uh question while I'm here: Is there something where you have trouble sharing things that you know you need too?

And uh.... Also what about Dissociation Disorders?

Insomnia and Depression are co-morbid; depression can cause insomnia, but insomnia rarely causes depression. 

As for the 'trouble sharing things that you know you need to', that's just anxiety. :) 
Dissociation Disorders are directly caused by trauma- is there any you're asking about, such as DID?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mhiahia said:

Oh, I have a question! It's not really about a mental illness, but I hope you can still answer it.

Sometimes, when I'm angry, I start to cry. I'm not sad or anything, just enraged, but I still tear up -why? Also, is there a chance this comes and goes, because I've started to have this about two years ago.

Fun Fact!: this is normal! :D

Tears are simply a release of excess emotion in a person, and can be caused by any emotion.

• Like 4

Hey— I got a question Mr. Wikipedia!

So, whenever I’m in a public place (i.e. a Wal-Mart) I just... it’s difficult to explain, but I can’t stop moving my hands. I clasp them together and bring them up to my face, move my clasped hands awkwardly, make weird hand gestures, etc. It’s hard to explain, but to me it makes perfect sense. Also, sometimes when I hold an object and not look directly at it, my hand will shake— not vigorously, but a noticeable shake.

Anything on that? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

Hey— I got a question Mr. Wikipedia!

So, whenever I’m in a public place (i.e. a Wal-Mart) I just... it’s difficult to explain, but I can’t stop moving my hands. I clasp them together and bring them up to my face, move my clasped hands awkwardly, make weird hand gestures, etc. It’s hard to explain, but to me it makes perfect sense. Also, sometimes when I hold an object and not look directly at it, my hand will shake— not vigorously, but a noticeable shake.

Anything on that? 

Could be underlying social anxiety disorder (SoAD)! Othertimes, if you have poor motor control (due to genetics, simply) your muscles can tighten differently than they are supposed to and thus shake. :) 

As for the movements, i believe it'll be a tic or a stim (either can occur with any emotion)! These tics and stims are something our mind does to regulate emotions. :D 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, glitched wikipedia (angel) said:

Could be underlying social anxiety disorder (SoAD)! Othertimes, if you have poor motor control (due to genetics, simply) your muscles can tighten differently than they are supposed to and thus shake. :) 

As for the movements, i believe it'll be a tic or a stim (either can occur with any emotion)! These tics and stims are something our mind does to regulate emotions. :D 

Oh dear. I was diagnosed with depression earlier in the year and I believe anxiety can be correlated with it. Maybe when my counselor comes back, we can discuss this! Thanks Mr. Wikipedia

• Paw up 1

Astigmatism? 

Ykanow i I am asking because that one internet picture looks really familiar to how I see stuff at night... but to less intensity. 

15 hours ago, Aetherbee said:

Astigmatism? 

Ykanow i I am asking because that one internet picture looks really familiar to how I see stuff at night... but to less intensity. 

I, unfortunately, cannot help with this- I don't have a degree in optician stuff nor can i see your eyes IRL. :D 

Ask your parents, maybe? 

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

7 hours ago, glitched wikipedia (angel) said:

I, unfortunately, cannot help with this- I don't have a degree in optician stuff nor can i see your eyes IRL. :D 

Ask your parents, maybe? 

Hmm... alright and back to my original question: DID?

5 hours ago, Aetherbee said:

Hmm... alright and back to my original question: DID?

The modern and more correct term for 'multiple personality disorder' (of which is now a slur to the people with DID- similar to retarded to an autistic person)- it is pronounced 'Dee-eye-dee'. :) 

This is caused by severe trauma, and causes the body's mind to form different people inside of it in what's called a 'headspace'. The headspace can be whatever the body desires it to be; a zoo, a hotel, a castle, ect.
Within the headspace are alters, who are the people who are formed from this trauma- these are all their own person, but simply share the body.

The 'main' alter, who most commonly is in control of the body is called The Host. The Host can have other roles, some of which i cannot go into due to this being a childfriendly forum (and the roles alluding to things from the trauma).

some other roles include:

a Fictive (an alter modeled after a fictional character)
a Factive (an alter modeled after a real person)
a Protector (an alter who protects the others from harm)
a Gatekeeper (an alter who monitors the headspace)
a Caregiver (an alter who looks after the others)
a Fragment (an alter who holds only a few memories/emotions)
a Persecutor (an alter who attempts to keep the others secre; usually solves things with violence)

Alters, also, do not have to be strictly human. Some are mythical animals, extinct creatures, animals, ect- these can have sapience or not, but they can all 'front' (front is the word for when an alter is in control of the body). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, glitched wikipedia (angel) said:

The modern and more correct term for 'multiple personality disorder' (of which is now a slur to the people with DID- similar to retarded to an autistic person)- it is pronounced 'Dee-eye-dee'. :) 

This is caused by severe trauma, and causes the body's mind to form different people inside of it in what's called a 'headspace'. The headspace can be whatever the body desires it to be; a zoo, a hotel, a castle, ect.
Within the headspace are alters, who are the people who are formed from this trauma- these are all their own person, but simply share the body.

The 'main' alter, who most commonly is in control of the body is called The Host. The Host can have other roles, some of which i cannot go into due to this being a childfriendly forum (and the roles alluding to things from the trauma).

some other roles include:

a Fictive (an alter modeled after a fictional character)
a Factive (an alter modeled after a real person)
a Protector (an alter who protects the others from harm)
a Gatekeeper (an alter who monitors the headspace)
a Caregiver (an alter who looks after the others)
a Fragment (an alter who holds only a few memories/emotions)
a Persecutor (an alter who attempts to keep the others secre; usually solves things with violence)

Alters, also, do not have to be strictly human. Some are mythical animals, extinct creatures, animals, ect- these can have sapience or not, but they can all 'front' (front is the word for when an alter is in control of the body). 

Yeah sounds like me...

*camera pans out to Evil Aether who is watching hermitcraft. The camera zooms back in on Aetherskye*

• Like 1

I might have almost gotten a case of DID as a child (when I had to defend myself, say, physically; couldn't feel fear (because that's blood in the water with dad)).

There's also comforting yourself, as I didn't have anyone most of the time, that almost felt like a second person. And kind of resembled my grandmother, as she always knew what to do.  But almost isn't the same thing. More like... repressing emotions to a large degree, and shifting between personas? (Without fronts, just becoming... someone else, partially). But, can you just have some mental split* and mend it? 

Not sure if that is too much information for this site, but sometimes, you just really wonder. I'm over it at this point, but it did once mean a lot to me. Can you just walk to a point and turn around before it really hits? Or did you just never have the potential in the first place?

I guess it's important to make sense of the past, in order to process it, and I still don't understand who I used to be. So your ask.

*bad phrasing?

3 hours ago, spacecat at random said:

I might have almost gotten a case of DID as a child (when I had to defend myself, say, physically; couldn't feel fear (because that's blood in the water with dad)).

There's also comforting yourself, as I didn't have anyone most of the time, that almost felt like a second person. And kind of resembled my grandmother, as she always knew what to do.  But almost isn't the same thing. More like... repressing emotions to a large degree, and shifting between personas? (Without fronts, just becoming... someone else, partially). But, can you just have some mental split* and mend it? 

Not sure if that is too much information for this site, but sometimes, you just really wonder. I'm over it at this point, but it did once mean a lot to me. Can you just walk to a point and turn around before it really hits? Or did you just never have the potential in the first place?

I guess it's important to make sense of the past, in order to process it, and I still don't understand who I used to be. So your ask.

*bad phrasing?

Many MIDDS come from trauma at youth, including personality disorders. Perhaps its possible you were on the road to having a personality disorder? 

• Like 1

Also, is it possible to have trauma so bad you forget EVERYTHING around the time? 

Because as far as I know a I have no trauma in my life, however, around a huge blank spot in my memory, is when a friend started hating me. I still have no idea what happened.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Aetherbee said:

Also, is it possible to have trauma so bad you forget EVERYTHING around the time? 

Because as far as I know a I have no trauma in my life, however, around a huge blank spot in my memory, is when a friend started hating me. I still have no idea what happened.

Yep! Although it's not truely forgotten, just repressed- memories can be so bad that your mind protects you from them. You usually don't want the repressed memories back. :( 

Some people can't get repressed memories. 

• Like 1