Stray Fawn Community

Savanna Rainfall?

JayZX535

Hey all,

How often do you usually get rain in the savanna?  I've gone, no joke, well over 100 days with no rain o.o  Not sure if that's just the biome or me being stupid unlucky, or if something might actually be buggy?  Everything is on fire rip 😂

• Like 2

Just now, JayZX535 said:

Hey all,

How often do you usually get rain in the savanna?  I've gone, no joke, well over 100 days with no rain o.o  Not sure if that's just the biome or me being stupid unlucky, or if something might actually be buggy?  Everything is on fire rip 😂

One time I spawned on a savannah, I got rain on the day right after. Sometimes, I never get rain. Usually every ~30 days, though.

• Paw up 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling

I get rain a lot.. which kinda ruins the biome itself and the feel of distress and danger from the fire, I’ve kinda been enjoying that in Savannah Survivors lately because of all the intense wonder if everyone’s going to survive the flaming onslaught and food depletion.

Edited by SilverTheNicheling
Had to add fire, and flaming.

1 minute ago, Lawoofy said:

I don't get rain very frequently in the savanna, but i don't think I've ever gone over 100 days with no rain :0

i don't really visit the burning savanna much though, it is a bit plain tbh and i don't like the -1 energy penalty for creatures without sufficient heat resistance :/

Guest SilverTheNicheling
22 minutes ago, Lawoofy said:

i don't really visit the burning savanna much though, it is a bit plain tbh and i don't like the -1 energy penalty for creatures without sufficient heat resistance :/

I agree.

The weather system definitely glitches out when you restart the game - I had a similar issue during my Adam's Quest playthrough on the mountains! The time it would take for the ice that blocked the ports to melt would reset every single time I saved and quit, so I had to marathon the rest of the tribe's time on the island so we could progress. xD; Since rain is so rare in the burning savanna anyway, I'd imagine you're hitting the same wall!

Gotta agree, though - I'm not a super big fan of the savanna biomes. Even the oasis gets pretty tiring after a while from the lack-of diversity.

• Like 2
  • Eek! 6

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, JessiMew said:

The weather system definitely glitches out when you restart the game - I had a similar issue during my Adam's Quest playthrough on the mountains! The time it would take for the ice that blocked the ports to melt would reset every single time I saved and quit, so I had to marathon the rest of the tribe's time on the island so we could progress. xD; Since rain is so rare in the burning savanna anyway, I'd imagine you're hitting the same wall!

Gotta agree, though - I'm not a super big fan of the savanna biomes. Even the oasis gets pretty tiring after a while from the lack-of diversity.

Aaaahh Jessimew you’re here! I’m such a fan! :3 and wow really? Gosh I need to watch more Adam’s Quest to learn more.. and as I agree with everyone else here, the Savannah biomes are not the best.. and I may as well create a team of survivors in it with the right genes in order to start off good, then go from there, maybe not today.. but at some point whenever I decide I wanna do a playthrough in the savannah biomes.

3 minutes ago, JessiMew said:

I watch your videos! it's nice to see you here.

• Like 2

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Systematic Earthcat said:

...Rainfall...? In the savannah...?

I BLESS THE RAINS DOWN IN AAAAAAFRICAAAA!

...I'm sorry

AAAAHHHHH IM FEELIN NOSTALGIC EVEN IF I DIDNT GROW UP AROUND A TIME THE SONG CAME OUT! STILL.. NOSTALGIAAAAA!

lol.. I’m sorry too..

Does the chance of a fire reset as well as the rain? What day do you usually get fire on? I’m on the savanna now, it’s been extremely uneventful. Oasis was a bit more fun with the fishing aspect, but still kind of bland.

@JessiMew I have the same issue with the mountain biomes and it gets kinda annoying because I don’t have the time to marathon it. Then it never snows and...it’s just not the same experience... :/ I wonder if there is a way for the devs to change that so the weather doesn’t reset.

17 minutes ago, magnolia said:

I got to home island on my 3rd or so try. First try I gave up because my tribe was ugly, second time because the save messed up and some of my progress was lost, and the third time I planned ahead a ton and it was wicked easy

Lucky.

my first story save I accidentally deleted, my second corrupted, my third starved....

• Sad 2

My first tribes I got bored with, and were all deleted. The first one I actually kept and liked was the Kikonoko Tribe, aka the tribe where Meringue was born. Is till have it :)

• Like 1

My technique is to unlock as many genes as possible on tiny green, and plan ahead for the next island by breeding for nichelings with good traits for the biome. Also, food is cool. Get that stuff. Also medium body is amazing because it’s a jack of all trades but master of none kind of body. Use it In jungles because toxic body is too hot.

On tiny green I was able to unlock all the basic, useful genes, like claw and ram horns, nimble fingers, digging paw, etc. An I unlocked peacock tail, toxic body, bearyena claw and a lot of the water genes on the next island, Grass adventure. Unlocking so many genes so early was really helpful to prepare ahead of time.

I think I want to do story mode again but take a different path. I was mostly on jungles and swamps for my other one.

Whoof, I'm definitely thinking this might be a glitch then!  I have a personal world where I got rain more frequently, so this is quite out of hand o.o  Gonna make a bug topic on it because it at least bears further investigation.

Thanks guys!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 1:52 PM, JessiMew said:

JESS YOU'RE ON THE FORUMS??

I had no idea!