Stray Fawn Community

2 different eye colors

Niche fan

Ability for a niche to have 2 different eye colors could occur when mating with a bear-hyena. The bad part is 2 different colors can be a sign of distemper in the wild, so maybe the niche is stronger but also scoots away from the pack.?  It might also have to be a certain distance away from other pack members or will attack?

Edited by Niche fan
misplaced an a.
  • Like 3

9 replies to this post

Uh... I think what you are suggesting is heterochromia, which means each eye is a different colour. I like this suggestion, however I'm pretty sure heterochromia has zero ties to behaviour or "distemper", so it would be a purely appearance-changing mutation in the game, just like it is in real life, if it were to be implemented.

• Like 14

Heterochromia, like @Draconiya mentioned is indeed the mutation that you're talking about here. Heterochromia is a phenotypic mutation, meaning that it affects only the physical, observable traits of an organism.

Heterochromia is indeed something that I and many others I'm sure would like to have in the game, but I think that in the last community voting it wasn't in the top recommendations so it wasn't implemented into the game if I'm not mistaken. Maybe in the future it will once again be a consideration and option for the second community voting :)

• Like 5