Stray Fawn Community

Favorite Build Thus Far?

xjax1

Seeing as the demo just started, i think that its only fit that i would ask what everyone's favorite build they have made is!

my current favorite is attached, it was the first one i made and i still like it the best ^^

its entire purpose is to mine into the planet core and use its missiles to take out any alien bases from bellow, its not perfect and all applicable, but its very very fun to use when it works!

Edit: if you're wondering why it looks upside down, its because the direction thing is a little wonky and im too lazy to rebuild it to work the other way, as that would make it so i had to flip my entire build.

Capture.PNG.c1d9d5a240705c26e758ef4c2436548f.PNG

This is the Mothership I: it holds a drone bay full of these little guys. Once undocked, they spin in a circle with their laser beams, and their missile turrets annihilate everything. The lasers are good for keeping enemies at a distance, as well as drilling to the core in quick time.

This was my first successful droneboat build, so I'm a little proud of it

Untitled.png.362a14c7084b95fe65a74de04a164cc6.png

Untitled2.png.aeda3301063095791f6ce1a0ed8f4900.png

I like using a giant ship that is so large it can tear through everything.

I have made other versions that only turn on the drill when close to the surface of a planet. It can really bog down my laptop with so many lasers.

Nimbatus_Giant_Drones.Still001.thumb.jpg.4a1ff3417020912ac292a5cce16db020.jpg

if the game makers really want some epic boss's they should have a contest where players make the best auto-ships for different tiers of combat.

between 1 and 50

between 51 and 150

between 150 and 300

between 300 and 500

between 500 and 750

between 750 and 1000

and of course 1000+

my ship has 1155 pieces, and i can easily add to it until it has over 5000...maybe even 10k but it would completely and utterly crash the entire game if i tried xD

i think having a space limit as well as a piece limit is important. keeps things fair.

I like using a giant ship that is so large it can tear through everything.

I have made other versions that only turn on the drill when close to the surface of a planet. It can really bog down my laptop with so many lasers.

Duuddee can you show some pics of that thing drilling?

This is a pic of my AutoDriller before the logic setup has been tucked away. (it's easier for me to build when I can see how the the logic components relate).

What I love about this drone is that it's stabilized for easy combat and most importantly the logic setup. The motored hinges are set to sweep back and forth with an impulse timer, but I finally figured out how to shut the whole system off using two parallel setups of Switch > And Gate  > If Gate.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-06_at_10_21.59_PM.png.642de26ed3db89f1924f838fbba4858b.png

This is a pic of my AutoDriller before the logic setup has been tucked away. (it's easier for me to build when I can see how the the logic components relate).

What I love about this drone is that it's stabilized for easy combat and most importantly the logic setup. The motored hinges are set to sweep back and forth with an impulse timer, but I finally figured out how to shut the whole system off using two parallel setups of Switch > And Gate  > If Gate.

My problem with those impulse gates for laser sweeps is that they don't seem consistent.  Over time an impulse gate and a not gate set to sweep a hinge back and forth will start edging a little more and a little more out of alignment until they're trying to collide with my own ship.  I can't find a way to fix this without implementing a gravity sensor past the hinge, and those things are ugly and huge and limit the number of lasers I can fit.

My problem with those impulse gates for laser sweeps is that they don't seem consistent.  Over time an impulse gate and a not gate set to sweep a hinge back and forth will start edging a little more and a little more out of alignment until they're trying to collide with my own ship.  I can't find a way to fix this without implementing a gravity sensor past the hinge, and those things are ugly and huge and limit the number of lasers I can fit.

Yes the motorized hinges are not precise enough yet. I've added it to our buglist :)

Just started playing the other day but this is the first drone that hasn't had any issues with missions at all. Handles extremely well, has the lasers for long range drilling / lasers spins and it's got multiple bio gun towers and plasma rocket gun towers.

Has enough batteries to be running full shield and guns or full shields and lasers (binded separately). Fuel is also never an issue.

Going forward I'd like to add some automation and other fun looking builds with drone boats.

https://imgur.com/gallery/uwtzo

I don't know if anyone has done this yet; I haven't seen any, so I'll assume no.

These are overall pretty sturdy battle/exploration builds: the armored version lasted 90-100 seconds in the Arena, and I usually use the unarmored one for the "Destroy Transmitter" planets. I have another similar but slimmer digging drone.

My "innovation" is the OR gates that control the thrusters: instead of having independent thrusters for turning left and right, I simply hook it up so that the upper-left and lower-right thrusters fire to turn counterclockwise, and the other two corners to turn clockwise. Forward is just the two bottom thrusters, and down is the two top thrusters.

This gives me pretty good maneuverability and thrust since I can install less thrusters for more speed. The gates double for armor; if they break I just use manual control. The drone is, in my opinion, fast enough for any purposes but not such that I crash into everything. I use the same system for all my other drones, and it works pretty well.

Armored.png.41dedf3877f7ac0b6f5682a501cd0b46.png

Unarmored.png.9bef23858fe26c9185a3a8fc25970b94.png

My "innovation" is the OR gates that control the thrusters: instead of having independent thrusters for turning left and right, I simply hook it up so that the upper-left and lower-right thrusters fire to turn counterclockwise, and the other two corners to turn clockwise. Forward is just the two bottom thrusters, and down is the two top thrusters.
I've done the same before; but autonomous drones are hard to program to use this properly.  They want to thrust upward whenever they try and climb a hill.  Most drones, you can make them to cope with this, but things get weird in certain circumstances - for example, they have problems when they're dug into a planet core, and have to climb out.