Stray Fawn Community

Weather mechanics fixes

bostonlobstah

I don’t know whether this should be a bug or a suggestion. Feel free to move the topic around

But I think it would be very useful if the mechanics (?) for how/when it rains or snows is changed/fixed. Currently, the weather pattern will reset every time you exit the save. For example, if I was on first Snow, and it was supposed to snow after 15 days, but I left the save on day 10, then the weather would reset so you would have to wait 15 more days for snow. This can ruin the experience of mountain biomes in particular, since snowfall/melting is such a large part of the biome. With large tribes, or if you simply don’t have a lot of time, then it’s too easy to play on the mountains because there isn’t any cold or snow to ever deal with. On islands such as long winter especially, if it never snows (or never melts) that is obviously a big problem. And on the savanna, a lack of rain for an overly long period of time makes it harder to play, while on the other hand the lack of fire makes for a lot more uneventful experience. (Please don’t quote me on the fire, since I don’t actually know if it’s a part of the weather)

My suggestion would be to somehow rework and change how the weather operates. I don’t know if this could be possible or an easy fix, because I don’t code games. However I think that fixing this would be very helpful and solve a lot of issues. 

Thanks for reading :,)

• Like 3

Yay!

5 hours ago, Philo said:

So basically this is a bug where the current weather on an island is not being saved?
I'll test and look into it with the programmers.

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Well said, my new goddess of weather just hasn’t been happy with many tribes lately, except for mine, which I guess makes sense, but that isn’t supposed to happen, maybe I need to look more into the bug.. :/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 hours ago, Micha said:

The weather was not saved correctly, will be fixed for the next update :)

Thank you! ^^