Stray Fawn Community

I’m very worried and paranoid...

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Guest SilverTheNicheling

So.. I saw a dead wasp earlier this morning and didn’t know how such thing got in, but now in the afternoon I see ANOTHER wasp that is just alive and well! I don’t know if it’s because we left the door opened once, or a hole formed in the house, and maybe.. JUST MAYBE there’s a wasp hive built in the house as well, I’m not 100% sure, but what do you guys think? If I’m getting two wasps in my house, could it mean that we have a hive and that we need to contact beekeepers to come and remove it? Just answer me because I’m feeling very scared about going out and anywhere in the house besides my bedroom, which is where I currently reside, needing to use the bathroom, and just feeling stupid that I have such a major fear of bugs, heck my parents call me BUG or ladybug sometimes!

21 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

So.. I saw a dead wasp earlier this morning and didn’t know how such thing got in, but now in the afternoon I see ANOTHER wasp that is just alive and well! I don’t know if it’s because we left the door opened once, or a hole formed in the house, and maybe.. JUST MAYBE there’s a wasp hive built in the house as well, I’m not 100% sure, but what do you guys think? If I’m getting two wasps in my house, could it mean that we have a hive and that we need to contact beekeepers to come and remove it? Just answer me because I’m feeling very scared about going out and anywhere in the house besides my bedroom, which is where I currently reside, needing to use the bathroom, and just feeling stupid that I have such a major fear of bugs, heck my parents call me BUG or ladybug sometimes!

I hate bugs too.. we had an incident where there is a crack in the walls of our screened in porch and I went to sit out there and use my phone. Little did I know that the crack was there and a wasp flew In and landed on the winder in front of me! I slowly gathered my stuff and took my blanket and used it like a shield and ran like heck to the door and slammed it.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, magnolia said:

Bugs are gross. I think I have caterpillar PTSD

What traumatic event cause it? I know for me I have bee ptsd bc when I was two I sat on one and it stung me :/)))

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FlowerMask said:

What traumatic event cause it? I know for me I have bee ptsd bc when I was two I sat on one and it stung me :/)))

Oops

It’s not that big a deal, mostly a joke, but I was out in my little apple orchard helping my dad put nets or something on the trees, and there were these

DC183160-2613-47E6-A972-7204FD984A62.jpeg.a6ec42a25ef2af934bde5d0bf7765607.jpeg

And there were hundreds of them all over the apple trees, eating them, some of them were dead and shriveled and exploded, and so gross, and then one fell on me, so I overreacted as a joke but it kinda rubbed off on me and I still really don’t like them

they are called gypsy moth caterpillars btw and they are considered invasive pests where I live :0

• Sad 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Oops

It’s not that big a deal, mostly a joke, but I was out in my little apple orchard helping my dad put nets or something on the trees, and there were these

And there were hundreds of them all over the apple trees, eating them, some of them were dead and shriveled and exploded, and so gross, and then one fell on me, so I overreacted for dramatic effect but I still really don’t like them

they are called gypsy moth caterpillars btw and they are considered invasive pests where I live :0

Ewww why lord...?

Just now, magnolia said:

Oops

And there were hundreds of them all over the apple trees, eating them, some of them were dead and shriveled and exploded, and so gross, and then one fell on me, so I overreacted for dramatic effect but I still really don’t like them

😮 then their probably invasive where I live lol.. I have a memory of hiking in my old backyard. (We moved but there were woods back there with a big hill I used to sled on in the winter.) and there was a rotted log.. and there was this silk thing on it and there were hundreds of little caterpillars! Eek!

• Like 1

Some bugs I hate. Like ants and bees and wasps. But a lot of others I love. Like ladybugs (I saved like 5 from the school gym, only two made it long enough for me to release it outside). And butterflies. And caterpillars. One time when i was little I raised a monarch catapillar and named it Emily and it grew into a butterfly and I wanted to keep it overnight then release it and in the morning a raccoon had ripped it apart (the mesh cage we kept Emily in was on the second story apartment porch). :( Also my mother indentified the Emily as a boy when he became a butterfly (males have certain pattern on their wings) but I still called him Emily.

then we buried him and later I dug him up to show my friend because I was just a lovely little child

• Sad 4

I love butterflies but not caterpillars.

I'm scared of bees but like them.

I hate wasps.

I like ants (except fire ants but we don’t have them here)

We used to have so many ladybugs in our house in the spring and Jasper and I loved to rescue them and release them outside :)

• Like 3

japanese-beetle-katja-schulz-flickr.jpg

Heres another invasive bug I hate. They eat everything and are so gross. 

@FlowerMask have you ever seen these guys?

No I don’t think so do you know what their called? Funnily enough my dad owns a mosquito control company xD so I mean bugs are a good thing.. but there gross!

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 minutes ago, Brokenshock said:

There's tons of ants in my house. I'm fine with them outside, but when I'm inside, and don't have shoes on, I start getting scared. I don't know why. 

Because you might step on them with your bare feet?

Just now, SilverTheNicheling said:

Because you might step on them with your bare feet?

Because they might crawl on me, that, or fell on me (I sometimes see them on the ceiling)

But if I have shoes on, I just step on them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlowerMask said:

No I don’t think so do you know what their called? Funnily enough my dad owns a mosquito control company xD so I mean bugs are a good thing.. but there gross!

We should call him up. We need fewer mosquitoes around here :,D

They are called Japanese beetles. They come in swarms around this time each year but I haven’t seen them around yet.

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, magnolia said:

They are called Japanese beetles. They come in swarms around this time each year but I haven’t seen them around yet.

Japanese...? Were these guys brought from another country onto your area?? GEEZ people have gotta stop importing foreign animals!

also my dog is pest control for us, he eats any bug he finds. One time (we think) he got stung by a bee in the mouth. Earlier that day I'd seen him sticking his face in some flowers. He either was being nosy or saw the bee and tried to eat it but it didn't go so well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Japanese...? Were these guys brought from another country onto your area?? GEEZ people have gotta stop importing foreign animals!

Yup that’s why they take over. They don’t have any predators so they overpopulate (basically think nichelings with no bearyenas and unlimited food...)

and apparently the story behind the caterpillars is that someone thought they would produce silk so they brought them over...that failed lol

1 hour ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

OH just realized I have an online friend whose username has “Ladybug” in it so we call her “Bug”, it’s kinda cute XD

• Eek! 1

4 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

also my dog is pest control for us, he eats any bug he finds. One time (we think) he got stung by a bee in the mouth. Earlier that day I'd seen him sticking his face in some flowers. He either was being nosy or saw the bee and tried to eat it but it didn't go so well

Better be careful with those jalapeño sky raisins dog...they are SPICY

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, magnolia said:

Nay haven’t seen em..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

A lot of animals in America(/Canada) are foreign.Deer. Coyotes. Rabbits. Armadillos. (house) mice. Some rats. Lots of birds. Chickens. AND MORE. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_introduced_species#United_States_and_Canada

• Like 2