Stray Fawn Community

I’m very worried and paranoid...

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Skysplash8 said:

A lot of animals in America(/Canada) are foreign.Deer. Coyotes. Rabbits. Armadillos. (house) mice. Some rats. Lots of birds. Chickens. AND MORE. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_introduced_species#United_States_and_Canada

Well... heh... Er... I just wonder if some have been troublemakers since they were introduced to that area..

Guest SilverTheNicheling
5 minutes ago, magnolia said:

Yup that’s why they take over. They don’t have any predators so they overpopulate (basically think nichelings with no bearyenas and unlimited food...)

and apparently the story behind the caterpillars is that someone thought they would produce silk so they brought them over...that failed lol

Geez people are stupid... they need to learn not to mess around with a species like that, EVERYTHING IN NATURE FUNCTIONS! So there’s absolutely no reason to bring them off from their natural habitats...

Check if you have some food left out/ or rotten fruit around. In the summer we sometimes leave our fruit/ biodegradable trash outside and it attracts wasps (they never do anything really, just eat it and move though moving the trash is a little risky sometimes with them around).

And two could just be a coincidence.

And we had a wasp nest once in our garden. Nobody got stung by them ever. And the removal was no issue as well.

So I hope this helps with your worries :)

I shall say something controversial: I kinda like wasps (and they have just as an important role in the ecosystem as bees so there you go haters) they are the cleanup teams of nature and they also pollinate flowers.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jojo said:

Check if you have some food left out/ or rotten fruit around. In the summer we sometimes leave our fruit/ biodegradable trash outside and it attracts wasps (they never do anything really, just eat it and move though moving the trash is a little risky sometimes with them around).

And two could just be a coincidence.

And we had a wasp nest once in our garden. Nobody got stung by them ever. And the removal was no issue as well.

So I hope this helps with your worries :)

I shall say something controversial: I kinda like wasps (and they have just as an important role in the ecosystem as bees so there you go haters) they are the cleanup teams of nature and they also pollinate flowers.

Seconding the nest. Ours is directly by the clothing line and they've never been aggressive. They very rarely will land on you, though. But also crawl off on a leaf happily enough 

• Like 2

On 7/2/2019 at 9:05 PM, spacecat at random said:

Seconding the nest. Ours is directly by the clothing line and they've never been aggressive. They very rarely will land on you, though. But also crawl off on a leaf happily enough 

Maybe european wasps aren't as aggressive as American ones?

• Paw up 1

1 hour ago, Jojo said:

Maybe european wasps aren't as aggressive as American ones?

there's different types of wasps. Yellowjackets pretty much attack on sight, while mud daubers (or, as my family calls them, dirt daubers) won't attack unless provoked. Most wasps I see are dirt daubers.

• Like 2

Guest SilverTheNicheling
4 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

Yellowjackets pretty much attack on sight,

Why would they attack on sight? Do they see us as prey..?

Also my apologies for being online again, I’m very bored at the moment...

1 hour ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Why would they attack on sight? Do they see us as prey..?

Also my apologies for being online again, I’m very bored at the moment...

they're just super territorial and aggressive

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, Skysplash8 said:

they're just super territorial and aggressive

Ah okay, they wouldn’t just fly around and sting people for no reason right? I see.

Guest SilverTheNicheling

I’m sorry I just don’t know a whole lots about bugs, I’ve never liked them, so I never bothered to study them in any way..