Stray Fawn Community

Customizable and Programmable Gem Colors

Pokestardragacraft

So, gem colors are great but are kinda limiting with just five colors. This isn't the biggest change or the most important but I think it'd be cool and nice to have. This idea is also incorporated with another idea here:

So to do it, the home screen would look like so:updatedhomescreenforbreedmode.thumb.png.efb4b7bbc800dfe8b236feaaea52ab8b.pngupdatedhomescreenforgemcolors.thumb.png.4f7075ba9d3bae9781964e8b85f1ebdf.png

And upon opening it you get a screen like so:gemcolorformat.thumb.png.a0c7578e3145b474226af5da18ae013e.pnggemcolorcycle.thumb.png.56410cc49deefa76fd80c8e93c97272d.png

and to explain it:gemcolorformattutorial.thumb.png.2c8b32f36326aaad778a13a9c831ba3f.pnggemcolorcycletutorial.thumb.png.6b00fe701c65d53283af34ddf8227d9c.png

• Like 12

17 replies to this post

yes, yes, yes!! I usually give two mated Nichelings the same gem color in the middle so I don't forget which ones belong together, their kids then get this color left and right (right sometimes different if I accidentally(maybe not always accidentily) breed them with someone else or a rogue attacks)
This way I can see who is closely related to whom without having to untangle the familytree first

however... with only 5 colors available and one of them being a default for an unmated/unrelated Nicheling I could have only 8 paired up with each other before It gets confusing (I like having them mated for life)

More colors would definetly be a life saver for me :D

• Like 2

Yes yes yes yes! I don't really like the colours of the gems since they are way too neon for my taste but this could really help. Like this everyone could be happy about the colours. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

Updated with a color cycle option! I also was considering adding an option to change the inactive color, thoughts?

Might be harder to implement if we have such a wide range for the inactive colours as well, also I am not sure how usefull it would be to have customizable inactive colours, I wouldn't mind of course, just wondering

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jojo said:

Might be harder to implement if we have such a wide range for the inactive colours as well, also I am not sure how usefull it would be to have customizable inactive colours, I wouldn't mind of course, just wondering

Yea, I totally agree about the troubles of implementing them. My main thought for considering the idea was for people who would want a totally different inactive color from the active color to truly distinguish the two.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

@crazybrownmittens I don’t think I understand what you mean, could you clarify? When you program in a color/color set, it keeps the same color. Any programmed in colors would appear on the pop-up for the color cycle as well.

@crazybrownmittens propably meant something like this:

1690571094_ninsemenee210.png.3339882c34cf1431d22ec1233219ebf1.png

@crazybrownmittens

I think that this suggestion is being able to create new colors to add to the cycle. You wouldn't have to recreate anything unless you deleted that color. So, for example, let's say that I added in a purple in. That purple would show up while I'm clicking through the gems on the family tree to change their color, just like normal. The color selector wouldn't pop up for every single gem I want to change.

1 hour ago, Leaellynasaura said:

@crazybrownmittens

I think that this suggestion is being able to create new colors to add to the cycle. You wouldn't have to recreate anything unless you deleted that color. So, for example, let's say that I added in a purple in. That purple would show up while I'm clicking through the gems on the family tree to change their color, just like normal. The color selector wouldn't pop up for every single gem I want to change.

Yea, you’re right but in addition to what you said, you can also save colors as hot keys. Using purple as an example again, I could assign purple to the 1 key. Then when I’m playing a game and want the first gem to be purple, I would select the first gem and press 1 on my keyboard making the first gem purple. Then you wouldn’t need to make the same color for different creatures.