Stray Fawn Community

Rambling

1 hour ago, Magicmoonss said:

What do Crabbits eat? It seems that they spawn out of shells, but I have yet to see them eat anything. Maybe they eat the water digs?

image.png.80b273a8feb38f44efb09ecc25061da4.png

interesting...

• Like 4

Do rabbils ever die on their own? I've never seen them die without a predator around. I've seen crabbits do so though. Then again I don't usually observe rabbils.

• Like 2

Why do nichelings have so much variety in them? Some nichelings can even look like different species to each other. They have insect, feline, canine, equine, and amphibian features in their genes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

Why do nichelings have so much variety in them? Some nichelings can even look like different species to each other. They have insect, feline, canine, equine, and amphibian features in their genes.

see: dog breeds 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

no, but I imagine it works in a similar way ^^ 

I agree that it works in a similar way, but I'm more wondering how all those genes could mutate in one species.

• Paw up 1

Just now, Magicmoonss said:

I agree that it works in a similar way, but I'm more wondering how all those genes could mutate in one species.

maybe nichelings are supposed to be 'starting' animals? animals who are not fully derived yet/enough to be classified as new species....

actually, this might make a good challenge

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

maybe nichelings are supposed to be 'starting' animals? animals who are not fully derived yet/enough to be classified as new species....

actually, this might make a good challenge

That does seem like a good challenge. It also might be the immigration patterns of nichelings. Where they need to quickly gain a variety of genes in order to survive and to keep traveling.

3 minutes ago, Brokenshock said:

Actually, I've had them steal healing fruits and berries.

I've only seen rouges do that. They've never stolen from me, even when they're in the middle of my territory next to bushes.

• Paw up 1

I find it odd that the oasis has no coconut trees, seeing as it’s an oasis. But the whole island is very different from a real oasis, which is more like a jungle in a desert. Also, it’s very lifeless to be an oasis.

Also why are palm trees only on the shore.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, magnolia said:

I find it odd that the oasis has no coconut trees, seeing as it’s an oasis. But the whole island is very different from a real oasis, which is more like a jungle in a desert. Also, it’s very lifeless to be an oasis.

Also why are palm trees only on the shore.

I believe palm trees spawn on the shore, because generally when people imagine palm trees, they imagine it on the beach. And to put something other than crabbits on the beach.

• Like 1