Stray Fawn Community

Unzipping Unsuccesful

Destroyer0705

i have been trying to unzip the game using WinRAR, but every time i try to do this it  unzips everything perfectly except for right at the end when it tries to unzip Nimbatus.exe. i get an error and i don't know how to solve it.

i don't know if you can do anything about this, but it would be very helpful to at least get some help getting to the bottom of this as Nimbatus seems like a great game

C:\Users\(File Name Taken out for privacy)\Desktop\Acer\Games\Nimbatus_Windows64.zip: Cannot create C:\Users\(File Name Taken out for privacy)\Desktop\Acer\Games\Nimbatus.exe

!  Access is denied.

error that comes up every time.

It sounds like you do not have administrator permissions to modify files on your desktop, specifically EXEs, perhaps try running winrar in administrator mode, or extracting the file to a different location?

https://superuser.com/questions/417689/winrar-access-is-denied-when-archiving

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/access-is-denied-software-installation-windows

Hopefully this works!

(Possibly try extracting another compressed file to the desktop as well to check if it's a problem with just Nimbatus or compressed files in general)

Thank you for the help, but it seems like the way to go around this problem was even simpler.

Whenever i unzip files using WinRAR i always right click on the file and use the "Extract Here" button. Whenever i tried that with Nimbatus i got that error i was talking about.

But then i accidentally misclicked and instead pressed "Extract to Nimbatus_Windows64" which made me a separate folder for Nimbatus and it unzipped perfectly and i was able to run the game.

Still, thanks for the help and if that happens again with any other zipped file, ill know what to do at least.