Stray Fawn Community

The Three Clans of Alren

Sky

2 minutes ago, Skysalsa8 said:

Despite what you said, they lunge at you, clawing at you. The world becomes fuzzy and then black.

- - - - -

Day 8

You wake up with pain blurring your vision. A she-cat's voice says, "Hey, calm down. I'm trying to heal you, mouse-brain." Paws slather something sticky on one of the spots where it hurts, and the pain subsides. You can see better now. A beautiful long-furred, light-cinnamon, blue-eyed she-cat stands above you, tending to your wounds.

(you were knocked out for the whole night so it became the next day)

(alright) I stay still.

1 hour ago, Aye-Aye Captain! said:

(alright) I stay still.

"You're probably wondering where you are. Well, we found you lying on the ground bleeding to death on the edge of our territroy, and we needed males, so we, the Amazinka (am-uh-zink-uh) Tribe, took you in. I'm Lioness, by the way." Lioness puts some plant poultice on your head, then starts licking your stomach, where you can now feel the dried blood being licked away.

Just now, Skysalsa8 said:

"You're probably wondering where you are. Well, we found you lying on the ground bleeding to death on the edge of our territroy, and we needed males, so we, the Amazinka (am-uh-zink-uh) Tribe, took you in. I'm Lioness, by the way." Lioness puts some plant poultice on your head, then starts licking your stomach, where you can now feel the dried blood being licked away.

"I'm Needlepaw. Do you know who the ManchineelClan is?"

"I'm Needlepaw. Do you know who the ManchineelClan is?"

She stops licking at your wound and tilts her head at you. "That's an odd name. And yes, ManchineelClan is this awful Clan that lives on the borders of our territory. They've even convinced some of our cats to join them! And whenever we try and attack them, they either run away where we can't find them, or attack us so badly we have to run ourselves! They're awful!"

• Like 1

She stops licking at your wound and tilts her head at you. "That's an odd name. And yes, ManchineelClan is this awful Clan that lives on the borders of our territory. They've even convinced some of our cats to join them! And whenever we try and attack them, they either run away where we can't find them, or attack us so badly we have to run ourselves! They're awful!"

"They convinced my sisters to join them. I just wanted to talk to my sisters, but they attacked me."

"They convinced my sisters to join them. I just wanted to talk to my sisters, but they attacked me."

"Well, that sounds like them alright." She looks over you. "I think that's it. You just need food and rest now. Soon enough you'll be ready for your job." She sighs sadly.

"Well, that sounds like them alright." She looks over you. "I think that's it. You just need food and rest now. Soon enough you'll be ready for your job." She sighs sadly.

"Thank you."

2 minutes ago, Skysalsa8 said:

"It's just my job. I'm one of the Amazinka Tribe's few Herb-knowers. Very few cats get assigned that job."

"Still, thank you. Could you answer one more question?"

"Still, thank you. Could you answer one more question?"

"Of course. The Amazinka Tribe is always welcome to any question, and we always answer them to our best ability."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skysalsa8 said:

"Of course. The Amazinka Tribe is always welcome to any question, and we always answer them to our best ability."

"Have you seen a tom, who looks like me, but with some white spots? His name is NightSting."

"Have you seen a tom, who looks like me, but with some white spots? His name is NightSting."

"We didn't find any other cats but you, sorry." She looks around warily and then whispers to you, "You should be glad he isn't here."

"We didn't find any other cats but you, sorry." She looks around warily and then whispers to you, "You should be glad he isn't here."

"Why?" he whispers back

"Why?" he whispers back

She looks around again. "Because you toms don't have as much freedom in our Tribe than she-cats do. Most toms are thrown out of the Tribe at 6 moons. The strongest are kept as emergency guards and for, well, breeding. You weren't as lucky as this other tom, Nightsting, was. My leader, Coyote, deemed you worthy of staying here. You'll be kept in a cave with the other males for, mm, maybe two moons. Then you'll be betrothed to one of the females around your age. That means you'll be mates with them. You'll stay in the tribe until you've had two litters, then you'll be released, though sometimes you toms are released early if you have kits with bad genetics." She sighs. "I'm the only one who doesn't like the system. I want to choose my own mate, you know? And not because of genetics, I want to have a mate because I love them and truly want to have kits with them. But I don't think I'd ever leave my Tribe. Other than the problem with mates, I like it here a lot. Besides, if a cat leaves the tribe, we have orders to kill them on sight if we see them again. Not including toms, they're completely free if we released them on purpose."

She looks around again. "Because you toms don't have as much freedom in our Tribe than she-cats do. Most toms are thrown out of the Tribe at 6 moons. The strongest are kept as emergency guards and for, well, breeding. You weren't as lucky as this other tom, Nightsting, was. My leader, Coyote, deemed you worthy of staying here. You'll be kept in a cave with the other males for, mm, maybe two moons. Then you'll be betrothed to one of the females around your age. That means you'll be mates with them. You'll stay in the tribe until you've had two litters, then you'll be released, though sometimes you toms are released early if you have kits with bad genetics." She sighs. "I'm the only one who doesn't like the system. I want to choose my own mate, you know? And not because of genetics, I want to have a mate because I love them and truly want to have kits with them. But I don't think I'd ever leave my Tribe. Other than the problem with mates, I like it here a lot. Besides, if a cat leaves the tribe, we have orders to kill them on sight if we see them again. Not including toms, they're completely free if we released them on purpose."

"That sounds awful. I want to go home."

"That sounds awful. I want to go home."

She shakes her head. "I'm sorry, but you can't. Guards are posted everywhere. If you tried to escape, you'd be recaptured and put back in your cave. My mother told me that they would kill escaped toms, but they need them for breeding too badly, so they just injure them badly. The recaptured, injured toms don't get treatment for a few days, to show them that escaping is bad, then they're sent to the Herb-Knowers, which includes me. I've been a Herb-Knower for a couple moons, and I've already treated 2 escapees."

She shakes her head. "I'm sorry, but you can't. Guards are posted everywhere. If you tried to escape, you'd be recaptured and put back in your cave. My mother told me that they would kill escaped toms, but they need them for breeding too badly, so they just injure them badly. The recaptured, injured toms don't get treatment for a few days, to show them that escaping is bad, then they're sent to the Herb-Knowers, which includes me. I've been a Herb-Knower for a couple moons, and I've already treated 2 escapees."

"I can't stay here. I want to go home."

She sighs sadly. "I know. But I already told you. You're stuck here until you have two litters with your betrothed. Only a few toms have ever escaped our Tribe before they were freed."

"How did they escape?"

"I can't stay here. I want to go home."

The young she-cat sighs sadly. "I know. But I already told you. You're stuck here until you have two litters with your betrothed. Only a few toms have ever escaped our Tribe before they were freed." She pauses, then mews, "We shouldn't talk about this anymore. The Den-Guard is coming back from Prey-Eat. Usually we have two Guards for this Herb-Healer den, one inside and one outside, but a few days ago one of them was found dead after she told us she was going on a walk. I think a couple of the kits are going to turn 6-moons old tomorrow, so one of them will probably be assigned Herb-Guard." She sees the look of confusion on your face, and adds, "When our kits turn 6 moons old, they get assigned a job. One of them is Guard. There's several different types of guards; Prey-Guards, Leader-Guards, and more. The most common is Den-Guard. They sit right outside of dens and guard them. So my den has one Den-Guard, and usually we have a Herb-Guard, who sits in here and protects the herbs, though she also protects the Herb-Knower, like me. Oh, and earlier I mentioned Prey-Eat, you didn't look like you knew what that is either. It's when almost everyone int he Tribe comes to eat their prey. Food-Bringers bring prey to those who cannot leave their positions."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skysalsa8 said:

The young she-cat sighs sadly. "I know. But I already told you. You're stuck here until you have two litters with your betrothed. Only a few toms have ever escaped our Tribe before they were freed." She pauses, then mews, "We shouldn't talk about this anymore. The Den-Guard is coming back from Prey-Eat. Usually we have two Guards for this Herb-Healer den, one inside and one outside, but a few days ago one of them was found dead after she told us she was going on a walk. I think a couple of the kits are going to turn 6-moons old tomorrow, so one of them will probably be assigned Herb-Guard." She sees the look of confusion on your face, and adds, "When our kits turn 6 moons old, they get assigned a job. One of them is Guard. There's several different types of guards; Prey-Guards, Leader-Guards, and more. The most common is Den-Guard. They sit right outside of dens and guard them. So my den has one Den-Guard, and usually we have a Herb-Guard, who sits in here and protects the herbs, though she also protects the Herb-Knower, like me. Oh, and earlier I mentioned Prey-Eat, you didn't look like you knew what that is either. It's when almost everyone int he Tribe comes to eat their prey. Food-Bringers bring prey to those who cannot leave their positions."

"Okay, can we talk about this later then?"

"Okay, can we talk about this later then?"

"We won't have the chance.The next time I'll see you is in a few days. Once the Den-Guard comes back, I'll have to let her know that you're ready to be taken to the Tom-Cave. In a few days they'll bring you back so I can check your wounds, but by then we'll probably have a Herb-Guard, and they won't let us talk about stuff like that." Lioness sits up and looks behind you. "Hello, Lioness. The Prey-Bringer will be here in a moment. Is the tom ready?" You turn around and see the cat who is speaking; a ginger tabby she-cat (with white tuxedo). Looking at you, Lioness replies, "Yes, he's ready." The Den-Guard nods and goes back outside. You hear her call, "Tom-Helpers! A tom is ready at Lioness Herb-Knower's den!" After a few heartbeats, the ginger tabby she-cat comes back with several others behind her. One Tom-Helper tells you, "Come on." They herd you away from Lioness, who watches you with pity. Eventually, the Tom-Helpers bring you into a cave guarded by four she-cats. Inside the cave, there is several toms. All of them look sad. All of them are older than you. One of the Tom-Helpers tells you, "We'll be back after Evening Prey-Eat to bring you your prey." Then the she-cats leave you behind in the desolate cave of sad toms.

2 turns left

Talk to one of the toms

Talk to one of the guards stationed at the entrance

Explore the cave

Sleep (Skips to to next day)

(you only have two turns because you're still weak from the wounds, though you will retain the max of 2 turns each day until you escape/are freed because you will become lazy from sitting around in a cave all day)

• Like 1

You explore the cave. You find some nests tucked away in the corner, made of grass, soft twigs, moss and feathers. Several of the nests are occupied by sleeping toms.

Talk to one of the toms

Talk to one of the guards stationed at the entrance

Explore the cave again

Sleep

(there's more to find by exploring, btw, you only find one thing/area at a time)

• Like 1