Stray Fawn Community

The Three Clans of Alren

Sky

1 hour ago, Aye-Aye Captain! said:

He whisper yells to him. "How do I get out of here?"

He laughs. "You wait until your second litter is born, mouse-brain. Then they let you leave." He yawns. "I heard that they let you take any tom kits that they don't want from your second litter with you when you leave. They don't care if they survive without a mother or not. My second litter will be born soon..." He slumps over and starts snoring.

Wake him up again

Leave him alone

1 hour ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

"Sir?" Goosekit mews, dropping the dove at the entrance. 

He looks over. "Oh, hello. I'm Rowanwhisper. And you are?" You tell him your name. "Ah, Goosekit. One of Beefire's kits, I remember now." Now that you're up close, you can see some gray hairs on his muzzle.

5 minutes ago, Skysalsa8 said:

He laughs. "You wait until your second litter is born, mouse-brain. Then they let you leave." He yawns. "I heard that they let you take any tom kits that they don't want from your second litter with you when you leave. They don't care if they survive without a mother or not. My second litter will be born soon..." He slumps over and starts snoring.

Wake him up again

Leave him alone

Leave him alone. I don't want kits.

Leave him alone. I don't want kits.

You leave him alone. Sleepy, you head back to your nest. As you fall asleep, you remember that it's just one moon until you're 'betrothed'.

- - - - -

Day 10

Some Tom-Helpers wake you up. "Come on, it's time for your betrothal." The Tom-Helpers look excited. They bring you outside, where lots of cats, all she-cats, have gathered. They're gathered around a big rock, where a she-cat that looks like a short-furred version of Lioness stands. You realize this is probably Coyote, their leader. When Coyote sees you, she grins (well, as well as a cat can grin). Once you reach the rock, Coyote calls out, "The betrothal ceremony begins," and the crowd goes silent. "Two moons ago, we we found a new, young, strong, handsome tom." The crowd cheers; once they die down, Coyote continues, "I have chosen which cat will be the lucky mother of this tom's kits. It is none other than my own daughter, Lioness!" The crowd cheers again, this time for Lioness, who walks through the parting crowd with a look of shock. "Usually, Herb-Knowers are not chosen to be Kit-Mothers. But Lioness is my only daughter, and I need an heir. And Lioness just so happens to be the correct age for betrothal to this young tom." Lioness is standing in front of you now, a look of horror on her face. She whispers to you, "I never expected this...", and you agree. Coyote continues talking about how Lioness was the perfect mate for you, blah blah blah, then finally says, "I hereby betroth Lioness Herb-Knower to Tom 7." Lioness seems to remember something then touches her nose to yours for a heart-beat. Her eyes tell you that she didn't wan this at all. Coyote continues speaking, then finally issues a dismissal and the crowd of cats disperses. Hopping down to face you and Lioness, she tells you, "You will be taken back to your dens. At Prey-Eat, after you have eaten, you will be taken to the Breeding Cave, where you will spend the night together. We fully expect you to, you know, produce offspring. Together." As soon as she's done speaking, some Tom-Helpers come and herd you back to the cave.

One turn till Prey-Eat

Talk to one of the toms

Talk to one of the guards stationed at the entrance

Explore the cave

Sleep till Prey-Eat

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aye-Aye Captain! said:

I need to escape

You don't find anything, though you do notice the ground is made of soft dirt. Before you can think any further, Prey-Eat is upon you, and you hungrily wolf down a fat squirrel. The Tom-Helpers then bring you away from your cave and into a different one. This one is hidden away and only had guards on the outside, not the inside. A few heart-beats later, Lioness is brought in. Coyote enters the room with her. "You will spend the night here for several days. Prey will be brought, but the Tom-Helpers will make sure it's okay to come in first. If we find that you," she nods to Lioness, "are not pregnant once pregnancy signs should show, you will both be brought back for double the nights. And if no pregnancy occurs after that, the length of your stay in here will increase more and more. If it gets over two moons, the tom will be killed, as clearly he is infertile.  Any questions?" Lioness shakes her head and looks to you. Her eyes tell you that she is scared and horrified.

1 minute ago, Skysalsa8 said:

You don't find anything, though you do notice the ground is made of soft dirt. Before you can think any further, Prey-Eat is upon you, and you hungrily wolf down a fat squirrel. The Tom-Helpers then bring you away from your cave and into a different one. This one is hidden away and only had guards on the outside, not the inside. A few heart-beats later, Lioness is brought in. Coyote enters the room with her. "You will spend the night here for several days. Prey will be brought, but the Tom-Helpers will make sure it's okay to come in first. If we find that you," she nods to Lioness, "are not pregnant once pregnancy signs should show, you will both be brought back for double the nights. And if no pregnancy occurs after that, the length of your stay in here will increase more and more. If it gets over two moons, the tom will be killed, as clearly he is infertile.  Any questions?" Lioness shakes her head and looks to you. Her eyes tell you that she is scared and horrified.

I guess I'll shake my head no then.

I guess I'll shake my head no then.

Coyote nods her approval and leaves the den. You and Lioness are alone now. The beautiful she-cat walks over to you. "What do we do?" she whispers. "I... I didn't want it to be like this. I'm so sorry..."

Just now, Skysalsa8 said:

Coyote nods her approval and leaves the den. You and Lioness are alone now. The beautiful she-cat walks over to you. "What do we do?" she whispers. "I... I didn't want it to be like this. I'm so sorry..."

"I'm going to try to escape." He whispers.

"I'm going to try to escape." He whispers.

Her eyes widen. "How? There's no way! You'd get caught and injured! And since I'm in here with you, and this is my duty, I'd get punished too!" She shakes her head sadly. "I doubt you'd be able to escape from this cave, anyways. Mother told me that they made sure this cave was the most secure of all, because many toms having their first litter try to escape. The only way for you to escape is to not be trapped here in the first place. But the only way to get out..." She glances down shyly, clearly embarrassed as well.

1 minute ago, Skysalsa8 said:

Her eyes widen. "How? There's no way! You'd get caught and injured! And since I'm in here with you, and this is my duty, I'd get punished too!" She shakes her head sadly. "I doubt you'd be able to escape from this cave, anyways. Mother told me that they made sure this cave was the most secure of all, because many toms having their first litter try to escape. The only way for you to escape is to not be trapped here in the first place. But the only way to get out..." She glances down shyly, clearly embarrassed as well.

"I'm sorry, but I'd rather die then stay in this awful tribe."

"I'm sorry, but I'd rather die then stay in this awful tribe."

"I know. And now... I don't think i want to stay here either. But we could never escape from this cave. Our only chance would be to get out of here without trouble, then be able to escape from there. But the only way to get out of here without trouble would... you know..." She takes a deep breath. "So, what will we do?"

Talk more (TYO)

Breed

Try to run out of the cave

Other

(you have no defined turns until you either breed or escape)

"I don't really like this. But if it's our only chance. Will you have my kits?"

She sighs sadly. "I suppose it's our only option. But I want to escape with you. I see now that this is no place for our kits, whether we want them or not."

She sighs sadly. "I suppose it's our only option. But I want to escape with you. I see now that this is no place for our kits, whether we want them or not."

He solemnly nods. "If we can get to my clan, they can be well taken care of. By you, or even another cat."

7 hours ago, Skysalsa8 said:

Ashenstep groans and raises her head, her eyes open. "What do you want, leech?"

“What’s a leech?” She asks titling her head.

He solemnly nods. "If we can get to my clan, they can be well taken care of. By you, or even another cat."

She nods. You two, you know, breed, then go to asleep.

- - - - -

Day 11, Lioness gives birth on Day 13

After spending a few days in the Breeding-Cave, you and Lioness are released. A while later, the Tom-Guards let you know that you're not gonna have to go back to the Breeding-Cave until it's time for your second litter, as Lioness as shown signs of pregnancy. Meanwhile, you think about how the dirt floor is soft... maybe soft enough to be dug into...?

Talk to one of the toms

Explore the cave

Try and and dig a hole out

Sleep

She hisses at you. "It's a disgusting little creature that take but doesn't give."

(Hey, leeches are tasty beings that give as much nutrition as a berry)

• Haha 1

You figure out where you can do it. You go to your nest, facing the way, pretending to be asleep. But actually, you're quietly digging a hole in the ground beside the nest. The Tom-Guards and Tom-Helpers don't seem to notice. You stop for a rest.

1 turn left

Talk to one of the toms

Explore the cave

Continue digging

Sleep