Stray Fawn Community

A Second Chance

Rainwater

Adam looked away from the pool, unable to watch any longer. Eve nuzzled his neck comfortingly. But he could not hear her whispered words; they were whisked away with her. His head snapped up, but there was nothing he could do and he knew it. He watched her fade into the darkness. All he did was scratch the white floor anxiously, but it was happening to him, too. He suddenly felt much lighter, like a young spirit once again. He stood, and, knowing what he must do, he dived into the pool of watching water.

His young eyes blinked open. He was among his brothers ad sisters once again. He rejoiced, jumping on Jula's back playfully. But when she looked back at him her eyes were wide. She shrieked and ran into the cover of the grass. He was for a moment confused, but then he saw a shadow on the grass in front of him and felt the grip of talons on his back. He was whisked away from his family again, but there was new determination in his eyes. So when he landed in the grass of his new island, he landed standing up. Even though he knew he would not live to see it... his spirit would watch again from the pool as his descendants returned home.

A few mistakes, I know. But that was just an example. This playthrough will be mostly story and less gameplay, and I'm really gonna try and reach home island. Help me, please, and I'll try to keep you as updated as I can. I might even do some reaction polls if too many answers are different, because I have a feeling whatever Niche god brought Adam back to life and gave him a second chance may not do it again.

I'll start in a few minutes.

• Like 1

The stepping stones crumbled into the ocean as he leaped between them, again agile. Already a young adult, and beginning to forget about the pool already, the scent of Eve was only distantly familiar. He opened his mouth to scent better and began looking for the female he could smell. His ears pricked, he walked quietly through the grasses until his eyes landed on her.
Meeting.png
She was in a new body. She seemed somehow familiar, but he could not wrap his mind around it. They bonded quickly as young adults do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bgirl said:

The stepping stones crumbled into the ocean as he leaped between them, again agile. Already a young adult, and beginning to forget about the pool already, the scent of Eve was only distantly familiar. He opened his mouth to scent better and began looking for the female he could smell. His ears pricked, he walked quietly through the grasses until his eyes landed on her.
Meeting.png
She was in a new body. She seemed somehow familiar, but he could not wrap his mind around it. They bonded quickly as young adults do.

she has some good genes.(except for the inactive frog feet)

They got along very well, and mated the next day. They had a child.
Redwood.png
After giving birth, Eve left Adam to care for the baby as she could not pick from berry bushes. Adam did, plucking them carefully so he would not tear them and waste berries that could be his son's food while Eve pulled up some grass. They decided to wait until he opened his eyes to name him, because they wanted approval for the name they had picked: Redwood.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bgirl said:

They got along very well, and mated the next day. They had a child.
Redwood.png
After giving birth, Eve left Adam to care for the baby as she could not pick from berry bushes. Adam did, plucking them carefully so he would not tear them and waste berries that could be his son's food while Eve pulled up some grass. They decided to wait until he opened his eyes to name him, because they wanted approval for the name they had picked: Redwood.

No frog feet or blind eye good. and he has that beutiful home island imunity

• Paw up 1

The next day, Redwood accepted his name, putting both Adam and Eve in a very good mood. Adam played with him for a while while Eve killed a rabbit and began to stalk a mole. Spirits were high, and they were beginning to think about moving.
Redwood-Rabbil.png

• Like 1

Redwood soon grew into an adult. They were having many problems with nesting material, and had destroyed all the grass on their island already. Now they tried in vain to hit bushes.

Because of this, they decided to move immediately so Eve could have her baby.

• Like 1

After moving islands, Eve had a new child. They wanted to name her Cherry, but, of course, they again decided to wait until she opened her eyes. Eve got pregnant again, as Adam and Eve were already entering their later years. 
Cherry.png

• Like 1

GEM TRANSLATION:

Leader: Amber gems in honor of Adam
Leader's mate/second-in-command: One amber gem with a yellow one in the middle and the gem of their previous rank on the right (Healers can't become these)
Descendants of the leaders: Yellow on the side and blue, pink or green in the middle
Soldiers: Blue gems
Hunters: Green gems
Trainees- children, new wanderers, and teens: Pink gems
Healers: Some sort of rainbowish colors, like yellow-green-blue
Gatherers/Collecters: Amber in the middle and green on the outside

(some of these haven't been added to current nichelings yet)

The nicheling they had previously intended to name Cherry insisted on being named Cypress instead. The new baby was born and they decided to name her Ruby if she allowed it. She was almost an exact replica of her sister, but her red parts were in the middle instead of on her shoulders.

Redwood is named a Gatherer. Cypress is still a Trainee.

• Like 1

Ruby accepted the name, and was named a Gatherer as well. A new child was born, hopefully to be named Amethyst. She was strong, likely to be a hunter. They were running  low on food, and Adam had sacrificed a few of his days for the rest of his family. So had Cypress, who, much to his dismay, had been too low-ranking to feed.

• Sad 1

Adam called his tribe to him. His voice stayed steady the whole time.
"Children, my wife... I have one last wish."
Amethyst leaned into Eve, watching him curiously.
"Find my island."
There was no response, just a long silence.
"...I will certainly not live to see it again, and neither will you. Your descendants will know how to find it... as long as you pass this along."
He looked straight at Amethyst, who walked forward nervously. He pressed his front right paw to her small claw and she felt a surge of something strange. Like adrenaline, but also like both courage and fear. But when she looked up, her gaze was confident. She nuzzled him one last time as the light in his eyes left, and he walked into the grass, never to be seen again by living eyes.

The day he died, there was rain, as if it was a blessing. They rejoiced in the sudden new food, and Amethyst made the decision to leave the next day. She was now the leader, as she carried Adam's spirit. It would allow her and whoever she gave it to later to find Adam's island. It would allow them to regain his genes, and to... have a real home.

• Like 1

Eve, knowing it was her last day, refused to follow the others to the island. It seemed she would rather use her last turns collecting berries for them on their travels.

They had arrived. The island was huge, and Amethyst had a new, unfamiliar scent in her nose that hinted at a place like they had never explored before: a meadow.

Nicheelings-2.png
Back to front: Redwood, Amethyst, Ruby, Cypress

• Eek! 1