Stray Fawn Community

Hope is the thing with feathers - A CHICKEN Sim!

bostonlobstah

11 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

Talk, then I'll eat

You approach the other chicks in the brooder (baby coop). Some are pale grey like you are. Others are in many different colors and sizes. You saunter up to a group of chicks of various colors. What will you say? (Open ended, RP style this time)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, magnolia said:

You approach the other chicks in the brooder (baby coop). Some are pale grey like you are. Others are in many different colors and sizes. You saunter up to a group of chicks of various colors. What will you say? (Open ended, RP style this time)

"Hello, I am Granite."

13 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

You sprint across a portion of the field, searching for a morsel of something to eat. Your mother and siblings follow behind you. You find a big yellow kernel or dried corn on the ground. It looks delicious, but it’s as big as your head. 

- Try to eat it

- Call to your mother that you found it

- ignore it and keep looking

- Run back to mom but don’t tell her

5 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

"Hello, I am Granite."

“Hey,” says a gigantic yellow chick. He looks a bit older than the others, as he has white adult feathers coming in on his wings. Looking at your wings, you still only have pinfeathers. 

“I’m Buster. This is Thistle.” He gives a sideways glance towards a silver and white grizzled chick with the strangest tuft of feathers on her head that you’ve ever seen. And even stranger were the frizzy feathers coming in on her wings.

- ask about Thistle’s feathers

- ask about their age

- ask about their experiences

20 hours ago, magnolia said:

alrighty, that works. You are getting the more humane one because you have to be male for the inhumane one and it involves, lots of blood...

I will update the first post for you! :D 

...cock/rooster fighting? 

• Paw up 1

3 minutes ago, magnolia said:

“Hey,” says a gigantic yellow chick. He looks a bit older than the others, as he has white adult feathers coming in on his wings. Looking at your wings, you still only have pinfeathers. 

“I’m Buster. This is Thistle.” He gives a sideways glance towards a silver and white grizzled chick with the strangest tuft of feathers on her head that you’ve ever seen. And even stranger were the frizzy feathers coming in on her wings.

- ask about Thistle’s feathers

- ask about their age

- ask about their experiences

"What's up with Thistle's feathers?"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

"What's up with Thistle's feathers?"

“Oh! I’m a breed known as the Frizzle Polish! We all have curly feathers and feather crests on our heads. My mother and father had them too. They were top-notch Polish, you know. Won tons of ribbons at the fair. I’m sure I will win many ribbons, too.”  She puffed out her chest. “Don’t strut your stuff yet, Henny,” Buster growled. “I’m a Jersey Giant. THEE biggest chicken breed out there. I’ll be twice the size of both of you combined, squirts!” 

“Shut up, Fatty,” Thistle snapped. Then she says sweetly to you, “Do you know who you are?”

Just now, magnolia said:

“Oh! I’m a breed known as the Frizzle Polish! We all have curly feathers and feather crests on our heads. My mother and father had them too. They were top-notch Polish, you know. Won tons of ribbons at the fair. I’m sure I will win many ribbons, too.”  She puffed out her chest. “Don’t strut your stuff yet, Henny,” Buster growled. “I’m a Jersey Giant. THEE biggest chicken breed out there. I’ll be twice the size of both of you combined, squirts!” 

“Shut up, Fatty,” Thistle snapped. Then she says sweetly to you, “Do you know who you are?”

"Uh.. no."

(it's beautiful)

image.jpeg.8920a569f8d9e0e33ce2ae188bbf1fc2.jpeg

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

"Uh.. no."

(it's beautiful)

image.jpeg.8920a569f8d9e0e33ce2ae188bbf1fc2.jpeg

(Magestic! I used to have one!)

“Haha. We’ve seen your parents before, when we were shipped here,” Buster replies. “All the chicks that look like you are your siblings. You’re a lavender Ameraucana. A rare breed. Lucky you.”

”And you happen to have top-notch parents yourself.” Thistle smiles. “They happen to be the Hand’s favorite. You’re a keeper for sure! That is, until he finds out you’re a r-o-o-s-t-e-r...”

”Shut up Thistle!” Buster chirps. 

“If you’re a good rooster, they’re bound to keep you though,” Thistle continues. “The Hand only keeps one or two of you roosters from each hatch. Or else...it’s to the CROCK POT!” 

Buster glares at her. Thistle shrinks back down. “I’m sorry if I scared you,” Thistle murmurs. 

• Like 1

Just now, magnolia said:

(Magestic! I used to have one!)

“Haha. We’ve seen your parents before, when we were shipped here,” Buster replies. “All the chicks that look like you are your siblings. You’re a lavender Ameraucana. A rare breed. Lucky you.”

”And you happen to have top-notch parents yourself.” Thistle smiles. “They happen to be the Hand’s favorite. You’re a keeper for sure! That is, until he finds out you’re a r-o-o-s-t-e-r...”

”Shut up Thistle!” Buster chirps. 

“If you’re a good rooster, they’re bound to keep you though,” Thistle continues. “The Hand only keeps one or two of you roosters from each hatch. Or else...it’s to the CROCK POT!” 

Buster glares at her. Thistle shrinks back down. “I’m sorry if I scared you,” Thistle murmurs. 

He tilts his head in confusion. "What's wrong with me being a rooster?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magicmoonss said:

He tilts his head in confusion. "What's wrong with me being a rooster?"

“Oh, there’s nothing wrong with you at all, honey,” Thistle puts on her sweet face again. “It’s just...once some roosters reach a few months old...they go savage. Brutal. Attack mode. They’ll thrash the Hands that shelter and feed them and...do...terrible things to the hens they once loved.”  Thistle looks upset. Buster looks worriedly from her to you.

- End the conversation and find some food.

- Try to get more out of these chicks (who are surprisingly wise for 2 weeks old)

4 minutes ago, magnolia said:

“Oh, there’s nothing wrong with you at all, honey,” Thistle puts on her sweet face again. “It’s just...once some roosters reach a few months old...they go savage. Brutal. Attack mode. They’ll thrash the Hands that shelter and feed them and...do...terrible things to the hens they once loved.”  Thistle looks upset. Buster looks worriedly from her to you.

- End the conversation and find some food.

- Try to get more out of these chicks (who are surprisingly wise for 2 weeks old)

End the conversation, and think about what they said (while eating).

• Paw up 1

8 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

End the conversation, and think about what they said (while eating).

“I...think I’m hungry. I gotta go eat.” You say, looking worried and confused. “Bye,” Buster says. “We’ll see ya around.” Thistle remains silent. 

You toddle over to the feeder. There are small brown crumbles in the feeder. You pick up a smaller grain and try to break it apart with your beak.

After a few bites, you’re feeling a tad cold, so you walk over to your heater and think about Thistle’s words. Soon you are sound asleep, dreaming that you are a savage chicken tearing Buster and Thistle and the others to shreds.

(End of Day 3 for Granite! Continue with Day 4?)

Just now, magnolia said:

“I...think I’m hungry. I gotta go eat.” You say, looking worried and confused. “Bye,” Buster says. “We’ll see ya around.” Thistle remains silent. 

You toddle over to the feeder. There are small brown crumbles in the feeder. You pick up a smaller grain and try to break it apart with your beak.

After a few bites, you’re feeling a tad cold, so you walk over to your heater and think about Thistle’s words. Soon you are sound asleep, dreaming that you are a savage chicken tearing Buster and Thistle and the others to shreds.

(End of Day 3 for Granite! Continue with Day 4?)

Sure!

• Like 1

Just now, magnolia said:

I hope not :(

Im on a mini-hiatus right now since there’s a family reunion at my house lol

Ill try to pick this up again ASAP! I hope you guys don’t mind the wait!

Alright, it seemed like it was dead

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m considering picking this up again as a roleplay instead of a sim. It will be easier for me to run since I don’t have to constantly make 6 separate storylines. And when I’m not online, you can still play and won’t be as dependent on me. Everyone’s characters would be near each other and able to interact, and you can own multiple characters. (I’d make them adoptables)

What do y’all think of that idea? :)