Stray Fawn Community

Patchnotes 0.7.0 Early Access Preview

Micha

Dear Drone Engineers,

We just released the new Campaign Update on the preview branch and we need your help to test the game, report bugs and give us feedback about the new campaign mode, so we can improve it and fix all critical bugs before the patch goes live for everyone. Keep in mind that this preview build is still a work in progress. 

Back up your save files before downloading the preview branch!

Here is where you can find the save files: https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/651-please-read-this-before-posting/

This update is not compatible with your older save files and might break your drones.
We implemented a mechanism that extracts all drones from your previous saves and adds them to the new global drone list used in the creative and competitive mode. So you should find your drones there if everything works out!

Here is how you can get the preview build on steam:

– Open your Steam library
– Right click on Nimbatus in the Steam library
– Select Properties / Beta
– Select the Beta tab
– Enter imadeabackup as password to unlock the preview branch

– Select Preview_0.7.0 from the drop down
– Restart steam in case the game does not update automatically or you can't see the preview branch

Patchnotes

New Features

• Split the game into 3 different modes: Competitive, Campaign and Creative
  • New Campaign Mode with new progression system, different captains, travel events, new locations and rewards
  • New Creative Mode with different settings to change the gameplay
  • First version of drone skins, which can be applied to basic parts (more to come in the future)
  • New shared drone list for creative and competitive mode
  • Added in-place replace functionality for drone parts (hold alt when dragging item over another)
  • Added multiple gravity and air resistance modes to the test drive
  • Added Kickstarter backers to the credits
  • Added planet names from Kickstarter backers to the game

Drone Part Changes:

• Spikes now cause damage on impact rather than continuous damage on contact
  • There is now only one resource tank which can hold all resources
  • We increased the rate plasma and cryo ammunition change the temperature of enemies
  • Drills now only cause damage while they are activated
  • Particle weapons now heat up or cool down enemies faster than other weapon types

Reworks:

• You can now access the drone hangar directly from the map without having to travel to a location
  • Most missions now have different difficulty levels 
  • We balanced the health of the enemies to match the difficulty level of the new campaign mode
  • Enemies now target you if you attack them, even if you are out of range
  • Snake damage changed from 100 to 180. Aggro speed increased by 20%
  • Balanced all weapon-stats
  • A lot of small UI changes, especially for the campaign mode
  • A lot of sound effect changes and new sound effects
  • Changed the drone import file dialog to use native dialogues

Bugfixes:

• Race finish line is no longer detected as obstacle
  • Fixed afterburner collider
  • Proximity and distance sensor overlays no longer stretch the drone image
  • Fixed that some objects did not heat up neighboring objects
  • Fixed small spawning bugs in different missions

Engine:

• Upgraded our engine to Unity 2018.4.3f1

Happy testing and thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Stray Fawn Studio

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 2

On 7/14/2019 at 8:55 AM, Antelope Syrup said:

...you can travel back through a wormhole too.

Are you sure you can :/ ? I can't reproduce this, I'm sorry. From our side it's not intended that you are able to go back a galaxy in the campaign mode :) 

15 hours ago, QubicQuantum said:

I got a Particle Thrower that says kinetic and flames. Plasma weapons say plasma, not flames, and my other particle thrower does not say flames. What does this "Flames" attribute mean?

You should have flames on every particle thrower at the moment.
It just shows the type of particle. For example we had an electric spark thrower in an earlier version (which will come back).

• Like 1

• Philo pinned this topic

I'm just asking about the limits on parts in the 0.7 beta because currently i am having a few problems with power and the only batteries i can find are the small ones and i already appeared to have hit the max cap at 10. Im not sure if this is temporary or not, but it would be nice to not have a cap on certain parts or at least raise the cap. Thank you!

• Like 1

• Markus unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, jowillis78 said:

I'm just asking about the limits on parts in the 0.7 beta because currently i am having a few problems with power and the only batteries i can find are the small ones and i already appeared to have hit the max cap at 10. Im not sure if this is temporary or not, but it would be nice to not have a cap on certain parts or at least raise the cap. Thank you!

I quickly discussed it with @ArnoJ. That 10 cap per part is something which is a leftover from earlier versions which doesn't make sense anymore. It will get removed with the next update. Thanks for posting!

Have you installed the game in Steam? Right-click on the game in the library and then choose properties. There should be a beta tab where you can enter the password "imadeabackup ". Which is the last step which works for you?