Stray Fawn Community

Ask Angel About LGBTQ+

wikipedia [he/him]

13 hours ago, Spooky Goggles-Kun said:

Got a quick question. I identify as she/her/they/them, but I feel as though people will say my identity is invalid because it’s not “one or the other”. Any advice?

Those are pronouns, not an identity- do you mean demigirl? :Eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Random person: You dont look gay...

Me: Oh sorry, let me fix that *puts on rainbow sunglasses*

But on a serious note, Im a bit confused about something

but im kinda nervous to ask it (ha ha, kill me)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

9ee2b155d3419c3bce0e4899e445ae52e90f4da8.png?width=965&height=614

Could you give me a source where I can read about all those genders? After what I've found so far, it seems that this comes from the Facebook gender possibilities, where (according to my limited knowledge) there are multiple versions of one identity, like cis-man, cis-born man, cis boy, cis-born boy, etc.

I really don't want to discriminate here, I'm just curious.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:35 PM, FAWN QUEEN !!! said:

- he/him or they/them lesbians (which are valid lol, if that's who you wanna be be my guest)

Could someone elaborate on that, please? It's a new thing for me.

6 hours ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

'allies' be like:
oh i support your rights!
(proceeds to support anti-lgbtq+ and anti-mogai governments, actively asks why we make our characters lgbtq+, ect)

When deciding who I want to side with on politics there’s that one anti-lgbtq+ person who will make everything right. 

I don’t go with them.

Even if I don’t understand all 64 genders I support them all. I try to learn them all but I keep forgetting AAAA.

And some people are trying to understand. Like I have a friend who’s as asking another Lesbian friend of mine about her sexuality (Her sister is also Bi.) It’s better to ask questions then straight up hating on someone.

Also, I feel like this is the place to mention I am probably Acevauge. I know I said to Renio a looooongg time ago that I had one irl crush but that fire extinguished quickly (too where I am not sure it was even a crush, maybe a longing to be friends. Which now that I think about it, it probably was.) And I have probably suffered trauma from a lot of things way back (Recently learned my family is dysfunctional... ADHD and bullying did not help and it was mostly boys who bullied me so... Ive never felt genuine attraction.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Strayed Away Fawn said:

When deciding who I want to side with on politics there’s that one anti-lgbtq+ person who will make everything right. 

I don’t go with them.

Even if I don’t understand all 64 genders I support them all. I try to learn them all but I keep forgetting AAAA.

And some people are trying to understand. Like I have a friend who’s as asking another Lesbian friend of mine about her sexuality (Her sister is also Bi.) It’s better to ask questions then straight up hating on someone.

Also, I feel like this is the place to mention I am probably Acevauge. I know I said to Renio a looooongg time ago that I had one irl crush but that fire extinguished quickly (too where I am not sure it was even a crush, maybe a longing to be friends. Which now that I think about it, it probably was.) And I have probably suffered trauma from a lot of things way back (Recently learned my family is dysfunctional... ADHD and bullying did not help and it was mostly boys who bullied me so... Ive never felt genuine attraction.)

See, the thing is that you're trying- 'allies' who call themselves allies without being polite/trying to understand/still being lgbtq+ phobic are not allies at all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mhiahia said:

Could you give me a source where I can read about all those genders? After what I've found so far, it seems that this comes from the Facebook gender possibilities, where (according to my limited knowledge) there are multiple versions of one identity, like cis-man, cis-born man, cis boy, cis-born boy, etc.

I really don't want to discriminate here, I'm just curious.

https://www.deviantart.com/pride-flags/gallery/55884919/genders

Most genders we learn are umbrella terms- a general term used (imagine 'nonbinary' like the term 'cat'; you don't know the specifics, but you know the general things). MOGAI offers specifics (eg quoigender being like the species's specific name). :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

https://www.deviantart.com/pride-flags/gallery/55884919/genders

Most genders we learn are umbrella terms- a general term used (imagine 'nonbinary' like the term 'cat'; you don't know the specifics, but you know the general things). MOGAI offers specifics (eg quoigender being like the species's specific name). :) 

On this, most people will be okay with telling you their umbrella terms! We often just use specifics to be like 'yes! this is who i am!'.

https://pronoun-provider.tumblr.com/pronouns has the largest amount of pronouns, and you can understand how to use them here: 
https://www.practicewithpronouns.com/#/?_k=sus7fo
http://www.pronouns.failedslacker.com/

1 hour ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

Pronouns do not equate gender! :D 
Just because he/him is usually used by men doesn't mean it's a male only pronoun, for example. 

But why do all those other pronouns exist if they don't equate gender?

Aren't pronouns meant to show/represent your gender? Because else, why would misgendering be a thing then?

Just trying to understand.

I read that he/him (they/them by association?) lesbians kind of go for it, because they feel no real connection to society's expectations and views of (their) gender. So they feel alienated to the things attached to she/her.  (A kind of disphoria?)

That makes enough sense to me, but I can't know if that's a correct understanding.

I mean, when I was younger and into MMORPGS, I never corrected people because some treat girls in a way I did not want to be treated. So the concept of "girl/woman" within the game, did not reflect my gender, because it's fixed by rules outside of online stereotypes. He/him fit just fine within the "rules" of the game, but how people view you is never going to be who you are, and so there's this odd disconnect. Your version of "he" exists in my dictionairy as "she". Your version of "she" isn't mine. Yet I'm not hung up on gendered stuff to begin with, so there's that... "call me whatever if it helps you to see me as human". Would not apply in real life.

I hope I'm not projecting too much. But online games are a smaller sandbox replaceable for a large one. Being "outside" the game/ruleset those who perceive you play by

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mhiahia said:

But why do all those other pronouns exist if they don't equate gender?

Aren't pronouns meant to show/represent your gender? Because else, why would misgendering be a thing then?

Just trying to understand.

Both of the responses below showcase it well- 

6 hours ago, FAWN QUEEN !!! said:

pronouns and gender are two completely different things, idk it's just kinda hard to explain,, some people just like having different pronouns

2 hours ago, OnlySlightlyEldritchFawn said:

I read that he/him (they/them by association?) lesbians kind of go for it, because they feel no real connection to society's expectations and views of (their) gender. So they feel alienated to the things attached to she/her.  (A kind of disphoria?)

That makes enough sense to me, but I can't know if that's a correct understanding.

I mean, when I was younger and into MMORPGS, I never corrected people because some treat girls in a way I did not want to be treated. So the concept of "girl/woman" within the game, did not reflect my gender, because it's fixed by rules outside of online stereotypes. He/him fit just fine within the "rules" of the game, but how people view you is never going to be who you are, and so there's this odd disconnect. Your version of "he" exists in my dictionairy as "she". Your version of "she" isn't mine. Yet I'm not hung up on gendered stuff to begin with, so there's that... "call me whatever if it helps you to see me as human". Would not apply in real life.

I hope I'm not projecting too much. But online games are a smaller sandbox replaceable for a large one. Being "outside" the game/ruleset those who perceive you play by

But, to explain simply, pronouns are linked to a gender, but don't equal gender

Misgendering isn't even solely linked to pronouns, either! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

Both of the responses below showcase it well- 

But, to explain simply, pronouns are linked to a gender, but don't equal gender

Misgendering isn't even solely linked to pronouns, either! 

From a scientific standpoint, there aren’t as many genders really only Female, Male, Both (I forgot what it was but you have both of the traits.) and non-binary. (Of course there could be more that I don’t know.)

You can identify as other genders and use other pronouns but you’re, through scientific standards, one of the listed above.

But if bees can defy the laws of physics and fly, then you can defy the laws of gender and be whatever the frick you wanna be as long as you don’t hurt others! (That’s kinda my philosophy.)

15 hours ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

All the pride flags have such beautiful color schemes... I really want to do some pride flag color scheme art now. (Maybe raise awareness too, who said pride stuff had to stay in pride month!)

• Like 1

I personally am fine with LGBTQ+ people. I don't even try to understand, because it's way too coplicated for my small brain. I just don't mind them. They're just people. Different, but still should be treated the exact same as other people.

What does annoy me is when people list their sexuality and stuff like that on their bio. Yeah it's good to know someone's gender, but sexuality is just pointless unless it's a dating site. No one needs to know that.

Also what's with the black/brown in the pride flag these days? Those aren't colors of the rainbow and the flag doesn't have white in it either. Isn't this just sorting people by color? Skin color really shouldn't have to matter when it comes to this stuff.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bad fawn said:

I personally am fine with LGBTQ+ people. I don't even try to understand, because it's way too coplicated for my small brain. I just don't mind them. They're just people. Different, but still should be treated the exact same as other people.

What does annoy me is when people list their sexuality and stuff like that on their bio. Yeah it's good to know someone's gender, but sexuality is just pointless unless it's a dating site. No one needs to know that.

Also what's with the black/brown in the pride flag these days? Those aren't colors of the rainbow and the flag doesn't have white in it either. Isn't this just sorting people by color? Skin color really shouldn't have to matter when it comes to this stuff.

A lot of pride flags can be used by racist communities, so the black and brown shows that the group that uses it isn't racist 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Strayed Away Fawn said:

From a scientific standpoint, there aren’t as many genders really only Female, Male, Both (I forgot what it was but you have both of the traits.) and non-binary. (Of course there could be more that I don’t know.)

I- No, that's sex. 

• Like 1