Stray Fawn Community

Favorite books?

MAТТRESS

What are you guys' favorite books? Mine's Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery. I also like Girl, Stolen by April Henry, though. And the fist Warrior Cat book Into The Wild by... one of the Erins... My favorite used to be Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. Oh, The Seventh Most Important Thing by Shelly Pearsall is really awesome too. Awkward by Svetlana Chamakova is cool (it's a graphic novel). But yeah, all time favorite is Anne of Green Gables as stated before.

If you have any favorite books, you can comment them!

• Like 2

some of these are just series because I can't choose a favorite book

• Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library
  • all books by the Erin Hunter team
  • Harry Potter
  • every single gods-and-goddesses book by Rick Riordan
  • A Tale Dark and Grimm
  • The Inquisitor's Tale
  • Wings of Fire
  • The Giver (And the other three books after it)
  • Island of the Blue Dolphins
  • A Wrinkle in Time
  • Wolves of the Beyond
  • Waggit's Tale (DOGGO!!)
  • Keeper of the Lost Cities (series)
  • Like 1

A Tale Dark and Grimm is awesome just read this preview it is beautiful

https://books.google.com/books/about/A_Tale_Dark_and_Grimm.html?id=0PHmdA7d8-oC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false

my favorite part of A Tale Dark and Grimm is in the very beginning, the story has a narrator (the narrator actually becomes a a character in the third and final book, which is cool), this part is by the narrat-- wait a second the new cover has a review by Rick Riordan? AWESOME! Anyways, by the narrator, after like 3 sentences of the prologue-ish chapter:

Now hold on a minute.

I know what you're thinking. 

I am well aware nobody wants to hear a story before the main characters show up. Stories like that are boring, because they all end exactly the same way. With the main characters showing up.

But don't worry. This story is like no story you've ever heard.

You see, Hansel and Gretel don't just show up at the end of the story.

They show up.

And then they get their heads cut off.

Just thought you'd like to know.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Skysplash8 said:

https://books.google.com/books/about/A_Tale_Dark_and_Grimm.html?id=0PHmdA7d8-oC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false

my favorite part of A Tale Dark and Grimm is in the very beginning, the story has a narrator (the narrator actually becomes a a character in the third and final book, which is cool), this part is by the narrat-- wait a second the new cover has a review by Rick Riordan? AWESOME! Anyways, by the narrator, near the beginning of the prologue-ish chapter:

Now hold on a minute.

I am well aware nobody wants to hear a story before the main characters show up. Stories like that are boring, because they all end exactly the same way. With the main characters showing up.

They show up.

My friend read that book, I think. They told me I should read it, and then they were going on about somebody chopping off their finger and using it as a key to some lock. I decided right then and there that mayyyybe this book wasn't for me...idk maybe I'll give it a read someday...?

1 hour ago, Skysplash8 said:

my favorite part of A Tale Dark and Grimm is in the very beginning, the story has a narrator (the narrator actually becomes a a character in the third and final book, which is cool), this part is by the narrat-- wait a second the new cover has a review by Rick Riordan? AWESOME! Anyways, by the narrator, after like 3 sentences of the prologue-ish chapter:

Now hold on a minute.

They show up.

also the Devil is in it and it's great because Hansel has to pretend to be the Devil's grandmother and it's weird

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, RaanaTheBanana said:

My friend read that book, I think. They told me I should read it, and then they were going on about somebody chopping off their finger and using it as a key to some lock. I decided right then and there that mayyyybe this book wasn't for me...idk maybe I'll give it a read someday...?

yeah, uh, Gretel might only have 9 fingers now. There are some bloody parts. But it's fun! I mean, Hansel and Gretel do get their heads chopped off in the prologue, but they're fine and not much detail is in those parts.

This is why I only like Seekers.
I died for Seekers.
I loved Seekers.

I cried when the books were over.
I CRIED WHEN ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS DIED

but I won't tell you anything about it

because you should read the books

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

also, don't remember what book it was, but the narrator told about how Cinderella could have been called Cinderella because she cleaned the toilets (well, what they had as toilets) with cinders, which was something they did back then. And he ended that narration section with something like, "Next time you hear a little girl say they want to dress up as Cinderella, just remember, they're basically saying 'I want to be Toilet Cleaner for Halloween!' "

I laughed so hard xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renio2490 said:

This is why I only like Seekers.
I died for Seekers.
I loved Seekers.

I cried when the books were over.

but I won't tell you anything about it

because you should read the books

I cry when non-main characters die in some books. I don't think I cried for Seekers though.

GRAYWING I LOVE YOU YOU MADE ME CRY SO HARD WHY

I cry when non-main characters die in some books. I don't think I cried for Seekers though.

this is why sometimes I wonder why I ever allowed Meringue to ever think that Prince was his son.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

I don't cry that often in books. Usually when characters die I only start crying when another character in a book is sad about it... like when Harry starts crying at Dumbledore's funeral, and Anne starts crying after Matthew dies (Anne of Green Gables...ha). I did kinda cry when Brom died in this book called Eragon. Or it was somewhere in the series he died...not sure what book... Oh, ya know what book I cried a lot in at the end? Where The Red Fern Grows. AHHHH, that ending was SO SAD! Man...sad ending...

• Like 1

So I left for 7ish hours and the forums didn't go into apocalypse mode.. at least I think it didn't.. anywho..

-the entire wof series

-warriors (crowfeathers trial) and others

-Percy Jackson.. I had a slight obsession (.. is that unnormal) and cried when I read all the books BC I was greedy and wanted more

-gaurdians of Ga'hoole (owls are epic)

-beyonders

-Fable Haven (I luv u!)

-wolves of the beyond

-inside out and back again

• Like 1

I cried when Dobby died in Harry Potter, and (for some weird reason) the fourth time reading Half-Blood Prince I cried when Dumbledore died, even though I hadn’t cried about it before. Anyways, favourite books-

Harry Potter series (the love of my life)

Watership Down 

Chronicles Of Narnia

Little Women

Black Beauty

Goldfish Boy (I shed a few tears at the ending)

Light Up Jar

Sliver Sword

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

also, don't remember what book it was, but the narrator told about how Cinderella could have been called Cinderella because she cleaned the toilets (well, what they had as toilets) with cinders, which was something they did back then. And he ended that narration section with something like, "Next time you hear a little girl say they want to dress up as Cinderella, just remember, they're basically saying 'I want to be Toilet Cleaner for Halloween!' "

I laughed so hard xD

In German, it's "Aschenputtel". Which translates to

Screenshot_20190714-143257_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dd3c70d77f8bb7ec4480dea66b107f33.jpg

"Aschenbrödel" (a word used by no one ever) or an unremarkable "female person". Who keeps being held back/pinned in place, because you need 7/8 definitions for that blue word.

But the myth seems quite old? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 7/13/2019 at 7:37 PM, pepper_ said:

sounds like something pepper reads on the daily

On 7/13/2019 at 8:27 PM, pepper_ said:

What are you guys' favorite books? Mine's Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery. I also like Girl, Stolen by April Henry, though. And the fist Warrior Cat book Into The Wild by... one of the Erins... My favorite used to be Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. Oh, The Seventh Most Important Thing by Shelly Pearsall is really awesome too. Awkward by Svetlana Chamakova is cool (it's a graphic novel). But yeah, all time favorite is Anne of Green Gables as stated before.

If you have any favorite books, you can comment them!

you are truly my child

Eppe you're getting a list, as well as recommended ages because some of these aren't for younger kids.

1. Red, White, and Royal Blue (ages 14+)
  2. The Hunger Games trilogy (ages 11+)
  3. Anything by Rick Riordan (usually 9+)
  4. WoF (lets be honest we've all read these)
  5. Heartstopper (12+)
  6. Anything by Edgar Allan Poe (13+ if you can understand it)
  7. Harry Potter (9+)
  8. Divergent (10+, although the first one is really the only good one)

4 minutes ago, Star Starless said:

Eppe you're getting a list, as well as recommended ages because some of these aren't for younger kids.

1. Red, White, and Royal Blue (ages 14+)
  2. The Hunger Games trilogy (ages 11+)
  3. Anything by Rick Riordan (usually 9+)
  4. WoF (lets be honest we've all read these)
  5. Heartstopper (12+)
  6. Anything by Edgar Allan Poe (13+ if you can understand it)
  7. Harry Potter (9+)

HUNGER GAMES :HEART_EYES: