Stray Fawn Community

Warrior Cats Challenge: Castaways

robsterdy

Introduction: Hello! This is going to be my first forum-posted adventure, and it will be of my homemade Warrior Cats Challenge (Which I am still perfecting). This challenge uses modified lifespans, but I've also scaled up the damage, so our nichelings will still be threatened by the horrors of the natural world šŸ˜‰. I'm going to try to put aĀ semi-equal emphasis on storytelling and gameplay in this challenge playthrough (probably leaning towards storytelling, who could've guessed?)Ā and I hope you all enjoy!

We begin on Day 0 with two particularly unlucky nichelings, DampKit (Front) and BuzzingKit (Back). DampKit hails from the island of Overgrown Jungle, where she spent the better part of her childhood along the shores, splashing with her webbed paw and hindlegs, largely ignored by her tribe due to being a rogue child. One stormy day, however, the appearance of an ape caused her tribe to scatter, and in the ensuing chaos she was swept up by the rising tide. It's only due to her experience with the water that she managed to stay afloat long enough to wash up here, on theĀ island of Grass Mingle.

BuzzingKit has a similar story, though she was much more well-respected in her tribe, the firstborn of the leader, in fact. She hails from the island of First Snow, where she spent her first days of life in the nursery, watching the hunters, diggers, and even the gatherers, as she would one day be able to perform all of their duties. One day, however, her mother, leader of the tribe, declared they would be moving islands, as they'd completely conquered First Snow. It was on this journey to the next island that tragedy struck, as the same storm washed BuzzingKit from the ports, and into the ocean. She only survived the trip due to her sheer force of spirit, and unwillingness to surrender herself to the sea. Soon enough, she washed up beside DampKit here on Grass Mingle.

The two spend their first day on the unfamiliar island getting to know eachother, and findĀ that both their tribes had a similar structure. With this knowledge, and the knowledge that they'll need all the help they can get, they agree to stick together in order to survive.

1.png

• Like 2

They both receive their second gems the very next morning, and as they hurry along the shores in search of food and shelter (Hurry is a strong word for poor DampKit, with only one movement speed to her name), they perform a mock-apprenticeship ceremony and name themselves DampPaw and BuzzingPaw, brave apprentices of.. well, they haven't decided on a clan name yet, but they're sure to think of one eventually.

Near to where they washed up is an oak tree, which they've decided will be their destination, even though they've found a nest not a tile away from their spawn ports.

2.png

• Like 1

A few roots later and they've arrived at their destination, which boasts two berry bushes (one toxic), and even a mole hill! Home sweet home. BuzzingPaw is a bit worried about the prospect of predators, but DampPaw is satisfied by the lack of jungle trees, distant or not. Also, I like the sound of FoundClan, but I think I'll wait for our founders to be a bit older before I commit to a clan name. Niche has a tendency to generate defining events for a clanĀ in my experience, so we'll either wait for one of those, or settle on FoundClan down the line.Ā šŸ˜ƒ

3.png

• Like 2

The next morning, our nichelings are surprised by Bark, an albino wanderer who seems very interested in their berry bush. BuzzingPaw is ready to attack the stranger, but DampPaw talks her down, and gets her to offer Bark a position in the tribe. He accepts, and takes on the new name of BarkPaw, pledging to steal-ahem,Ā gatherĀ berries for the tribe instead of himself. With his big nose, he also sniffs out even more nearby toxic berry bushes, which, with all of our poison immunities, will be a great source of food.

4.png

• Like 2

The next day, rain begins to fall, which, although it brings back some bad memories for our founders, it also provides us with fresh batches of berries. As BuzzingPaw attempts to scare off (or hopefully hunt) some bunnies, she runs into Adventure, who she, remembering DampPaw's advice, invites into the tribe. He takes on the name of AdventurePaw, and the rest of the day passes peacefully as our fast-growing tribe ofĀ nichelings reap the rewards of the rain.

1 minute ago, NichelingPotato said:

I really like the story so far! Also if youre new I suggest making a post in the new member introduction.

Thank you! And, I totally forgot the new member introduction thing was a thing, I think I'llĀ make a post there!Ā šŸ˜ƒ

5.png

• Like 1

It's day 10, and our starters have finally received their third gems. BuzzingPaw names herself BuzzingSting, while DampPaw has yet to receiveĀ her name as she's out of the camp and has discovered something rather interesting. A healing fruit, not far from the oak tree, and also not far from the only jungle tiles on the island. She takes it as a sign, and decides to assume the position of medicine nicheling, despite not knowing much about the healing process or duties. With this, she sleeps next to the fruit, and in her dreams receives her first message from the stars, giving her her full name of DampShore.

6.png

7.png

• Like 1

DampShore discovers a little baby wanderer, but she's too tired when he comes up to her, and he unfortunately skitters back into the grasses by the end of the day. There's also a new rogue male running about, but BuzzingSting shuts him down with a poisonous bite, sending him scampering away from camp.

8.png

9.png

• Like 1

DampShore is surprised by the rogue male on her way back to camp and AdventurePaw is one turn too short to scare him off in time.Ā Even though she wouldn't be having kits due to being a medicine cat anyway, it's still unfortunate she'll have to have this weighing on her conscious. Meanwhile, BarkPaw gains his third gem, and is promoted to the rank of warrior, with his warrior name being BarkSnow.

10.png

11.png

• Like 1

AdventurePaw follows in the tradition of naming, and also grows his third gem. He's promoted to warrior as well, and named AdventureHill. Meanwhile, a bluebird has spawned, which only brings more worry to poor DampShore, as she's concerned about the baby wanderers fate.

12.png

• Like 1

A couple uneventful days later, and a bearyena runs straight into camp! As our warriors rush forwards, preparing for battle, a sick wanderer named Needle jumps behind AdventureHill for protection, and he invites him into the tribe for his own safety. To war!

13.png

• Like 1

AdventureHill takes the full force of the bearyena attack, and then retaliates, finishing the bearyena off. BuzzingSting finally decides that, with how effectively the tribe handled the bearyena attack, she's finally ready to declare herself BuzzingStar, leader of VenomClan, and promote AdventureHill to deputy for his bravery in the bearyena fight. Needle also gets his name, and since he grew during the fight, it's the name of a warrior, NeedleGrass. Also, even though in the books female leaders aren't allowed to have kits, I always thought this was unfair, and this isĀ myĀ challenge, so BuzzingStar mates with AdventureHill. Meanwhile, DampShore hurries over to the healing fruit and tells AdventureHill to come along in order to heal his wounds.

Now, let me talk about the clan name. Even though I did like FoundClan, I feel like VenomClan better suits what the clan has become, as 4/5 members are poison immune, and the poison damage played a big role in defeating the first big challenge the clan faced,Ā the bearyena. Also, even though I know in the books the no female leaders are to have kits rule was put in place so the leader wouldn't have to take time off of leading the clan in order to raise the kits, I've reasoned that if another female could raise the kits, the leader could still perform her duties, and I know DampShore would agree to raising BuzzingStar's child without hesitation.

14.png

15.png

16.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robsterdy said:

BuzzingStar invites our newest member of VenomClan, Calf, who is veryĀ interesting looking. He's promptly promoted to warrior, and named CalfBug.

18.png

Do I spy a bat wing? FLYING CATS!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

BuzzingStar has her first kit in the port nest, a beautiful albino daughter named ZebraKit. Although being albino would usually cause some suspicion that BarkSnow was the father, he's infertile, so AdventureHill knows that his daughter is his for sure. Meanwhile, back in the largely unguarded camp, a bearyena appears right next to DampShore! Our warriors are rallied, and even though BuzzingStar wishes she could stay with her daughter, she knows AdventureHill will protect her, and that her clan needs her. To war, VenomClan!

7 minutes ago, totally melon yogurt cat said:

Do I spy a bat wing? FLYING CATS!

Yessss! If I find him a mate and put bat wings in every mutation slot, I'm hoping I can get flying cats next generation. :3

19.png

20.png

21.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Due to the appearance of a surprise Peaceful Bear, the bearyena flees, but our tribe refuses to let the beast get away that easily, and pursues! They take him out on the shores, and earn VenomClanĀ 10 pieces of delicious meat without a single injury to our nichelings.

23.png

22.png

• Like 2

Not all is well, though, as the next morning, NeedleGrass is the first of VenomClan to join Starclan. He passes away in the shallow waters from his lifetime battlingĀ sickness, leaving us only his bones, a shell, and fond memories.

24.png

• Sad 3

Good news in VenomClan, though, as AdventureHill accepts a bat-wingedĀ baby Shark (šŸ˜„) into the tribe! CalfBug is quite excited to meet the little guy, and takes him in as his own. BuzzingStar names him SharkKit, officially making him a true member of the clan.

25.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

The next day, SharkKit grows his second gem and is named SharkPaw. Just as BuzzingStar is assigning his mentor to be CalfBug as she's on her way to have her second kit, another bearyena appears! Our warriors assemble, and SharkPaw immediately gets a chance to prove himself in battle. Luckily, he's a quick learner.

26.png

27.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

So, quite a bit just happened. First, DampShore watched as a wanderer kit fell into the ocean, but she couldn't leave ZebraKit's side. Then, BuzzingStar had her second kit, QuillKit, who's a twin to ZebraKit in all but recessive genes and time. Then, BuzzingStar, hearing DampShores cries, ran over to the shores and invited the drowning kit, though she couldn't yank him out of the storming waves (He was too young to move). Meanwhile, AdventureHill takes the bearyenas full attack yet again, but SharkPaw is the one to land the final blow, much to CalfBugs pride. AdventureHill will have to wait for DampShore to make it over to the healing fruit to heal his wounds, but he's got more than enough time.

28.png

29.png

30.png

31.png

• Like 3

AdventureHill invites another wanderer named Chill, who he decides to mentor, and who is promptly renamed to ChillPaw. DampShore is finally able to scoop the kit out of the ocean as the storm dies down, and discovers his name to also be Chill. BuzzingStar decides to rename the kit TideKit, in honor of his unlikely survival. As DampShore makes her way over to the healing fruit, SharkPaw takes on kit-watching duty.

32.png

33.png

34.png

• Like 2

AdventureHill finally gets his wounds from the bearyena fight healed by BeachShore. She and CalfBug also discover a second healing fruit near the stinky fruit tree! With this, BeachShore decides it's time to really get serious about finding an apprentice, as she never knows what tomorrow may bring, and is getting quite old.

36.png

37.png

• Like 2