Stray Fawn Community

Feedback

DreamShark

To start off - what is the button to take GIFs again? I forgot. :(

Also I love a bunch of what has been done! Exciting stuff. 

General Feedback: 

1. Unlock system is fun! Being able to drag around the weapon tree is fun too. 
  2. Love the animations!
  3. First level seems a bit hard for starting out - but I understand wanting to teach good ship-making mechanics through trial and error. 

Glitches (maybe?)

1. The drones that surround the Transmitters occasionally shoot through terrain. 
  2. After depleting an energy source, if you make one of those terrain-generating-fungi explode (where they "grow" more ground) it re-fills the drained resources. Is that on purpose? 

Excited to play more, but wanted to jot down what little feedback I have... mainly to ask how to take GIFs again. >_>;

• Like 2

Thank you for the feedback @DreamShark! You can use F9 to make a GIF of the last 6 seconds and F8 for a screenshot (F7 to hide UI).

Thank you for liking the animations ^^ I hope we'll be able to animate many more things in the future. Looking forward to it. I also think that the first level is way too hard. This will be addressed sometime in the future.

Can you make a GIF from the 2nd glich you described? I think we once had the bug that the fungi could generate resources, but it should not be in the game anymore (even though I liked it. Cool mechanic :) )

About shooting through terrain. We'll have to look into that. Maybe if the collider of the terrain is too close to the turret then maybe the bullet spawnpoint is inside the terrain and then can freely fly though it. Noted.

Thank you for the feedback and for playing Nimbatus. It's highly appreciated :)

• Like 1

Heyo @Markus

Thanks for the info on the GIF button (I see the buttons now when loading a Planet - I think having them persist in the UI or show up when you are on the Pause screen will help alot too! Like if the Planet loads to quickly you can miss the text telling you about the buttons)

That aside, I have taken multiple GIFs and screenshots,... but don't know where they were stored on my computer. :( Where are they again for Windows?

Would it be best if I post this info in the Bug forum with the other information? (game version, game save, etc.)  Maybe adding a link to the Bug forum in the pinned message for Feedback would be good too? idk - once this game picks up more steam (heh pun) it might be hard to keep track of things (nature of the beast) 

I also suggest adding the button info (F8, F9), and GIF/screenshot folder locations to the pinned message in the Bugs forum for the "Please Read" post. I see the text UI for taking a GIF, but having one for "Screenshot taken" would be cool too. First world problems.

Wannah keep playing more before I put together another list of feedback. 

• Like 1

@DreamShark Yes. If you post glitches or Bugs, please post them directly in the Bug Forum. Makes things easier for us when there's a lot of feedback coming. Thank you :)

To find your Gifs/Screenshots go to where the Nimbatus.exe is and then go to the Folder "Nimbatus_Screenshots". There you find your assets. If you have problem finding it by yourself, go to your Steam Library, right click on Nimbatus, go to Preferences, Local Files and then Browse Local Files. There you should find it.

I think we will soon update the sticky post with additional information to organize things more. Thank you for your help, it's highly appreciated.

• Like 1