Stray Fawn Community

Pets

Jojo

Just now, CuteBirbys said:

I hate rats

mice are better, but birds and squirrels are the best

People who hate rats are just misinformed or have bad experiences with them. I can understand people who live on farms or in rat infested houses hating them, but most people just have prejudice against them

1 minute ago, Lilytuft said:

People who hate rats are just misinformed or have bad experiences with them. I can understand people who live on farms or in rat infested houses hating them, but most people just have prejudice against them

yep I once saw a rat in my cellar and now I hate them

1 minute ago, CuteBirbys said:

yep I once saw a rat in my cellar and now I hate them

Did the rat do something or do you just hate it for existing?

21 hours ago, Polly said:

squirrels are better

just don't bring them inside.

also by feeding cherio you probably got it fat.

hopefully not.

• Like 1

I like all animals, but I love birds! The best animals one can have in my opinion are chickens :) Chickens are birds but bigger, thus you can pet and hold them. Also they have the most amazing interactions together! Any bird is awesome though. I also love cats which may seem a bit contradictory lol. I don't really like dogs as much. Like, I love my dog but she at the same time is a bit of a terror-dog in our experiances with her. I would like to have the kind of dog that would protect my cats and chickens, not eat them. I also used to be afraid of big dogs after getting knocked down alot when I was little, and aggressive dogs, one of which we encountered hiking at a popular tourist attraction, still scare me alot. It was in a tunnel too when I encountered that dog, not gonna forget that anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

I like all animals, but I love birds! The best animals one can have in my opinion are chickens :) Chickens are birds but bigger, thus you can pet and hold them. Also they have the most amazing interactions together! Any bird is awesome though. I also love cats which may seem a bit contradictory lol. I don't really like dogs as much. Like, I love my dog but she at the same time is a bit of a terror-dog in our experiances with her. I would like to have the kind of dog that would protect my cats and chickens, not eat them. I also used to be afraid of big dogs after getting knocked down alot when I was little, and aggressive dogs, one of which we encountered hiking at a popular tourist attraction, still scare me alot. It was in a tunnel too when I encountered that dog, not gonna forget that anytime soon.

hmmm...

I don't know alot about dogs, but I do know that herding dogs exist. Don't get a collie, because they're big.

also if you're there size they'll think you're one of them, dogs are colorblind.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

hmmm...

I don't know alot about dogs, but I do know that herding dogs exist. Don't get a collie, because they're big.

also if you're there size they'll think you're one of them, dogs are colorblind.

(IDK about them thinking I'm one of them, dogs can smell, wouldn't we smell different?"

Well, a tiny herding dog wouldn't be much good to protect livestock. I'm not as afraid of big dogs anymore after going to the dog park many times. If it was my own I raised I could teach it not to jump or barrel into me (if it wasn't too hyper and stubborn anyways). I think temperment would be more what I would look for over size. Our current dog isn't very big, but she has multiple temperment issues.

7 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(IDK about them thinking I'm one of them, dogs can smell, wouldn't we smell different?"

Well, a tiny herding dog wouldn't be much good to protect livestock. I'm not as afraid of big dogs anymore after going to the dog park many times. If it was my own I raised I could teach it not to jump or barrel into me (if it wasn't too hyper and stubborn anyways). I think temperment would be more what I would look for over size. Our current dog isn't very big, but she has multiple temperment issues.

well I have no knowledge of dogs in that catagory.

• Paw up 1

39 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

well I have no knowledge of dogs in that catagory.

(Oh, that's alright, I actually know a bit about dogs cause I soak up animal facts like a sponge lol. What category of dogs are you familiar with?

1 hour ago, Chiyanna said:

(Oh, that's alright, I actually know a bit about dogs cause I soak up animal facts like a sponge lol. What category of dogs are you familiar with?

I'm not.

• Paw up 1

2 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

I can definitely relate to the being scared of big dogs thing (smaller ones still freak me out a little if theyre in pictures), one attacked me when I was younger and now I just. hate them. if I see one my first instinct is to freak the hell out, theyre probably one of my worst fears

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Katumai said:

I can definitely relate to the being scared of big dogs thing (smaller ones still freak me out a little if theyre in pictures), one attacked me when I was younger and now I just. hate them. if I see one my first instinct is to freak the hell out, theyre probably one of my worst fears

hmmm...

maybe to get over your fear, walk by dogs.

if it trys to chase you, just know that it won't get you.

If it breaks it's leash.

RUN.

because it might injur you if it's that strong.

1 hour ago, Zixvir said:

hmmm...

If it breaks it's leash.

RUN.

(This is a good idea, but to get over the fear you have to be around dogs you know won't hurt you. Generally, there's aggressive dogs and non-aggressive ones. Dogs won't just be friendly to one stranger and be aggresive to the next one doing the same thing. A dog can also be non-aggressive to its owner but aggresive to strangers. I would find a family member or friend with a non-aggressive small dog and hang out around it some. But that's if you want to get over the fear of dogs. I wouldn't just go up to strange dogs, especially if I'm afraid of them. The dogs you should be around aren't ones that would potentially hurt you even if they did get off a leash.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/10/2021 at 10:33 AM, Zixvir said:

hmmm...

If it breaks it's leash.

RUN.

zix this advice would never stop my intense fear of anything running after me 

• Haha 2

On 9/9/2021 at 9:37 AM, Polly said:

zix this advice would never stop my intense fear of anything running after me 

oh wow I changed alot

but not really.

hmmm

do pictures of dogs scare you?

what about pictures of dogs chasing people

actually watch a bunch of that that might work.

Just now, Zixvir said:

oh wow I changed alot

but not really.

hmmm

do pictures of dogs scare you?

what about pictures of dogs chasing people

actually watch a bunch of that that might work.

not really only inperson

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, Katumai said:

Pictures of my cats + some cats from the shelter I work at

First two are mine the rest are at the shelter

20220108_114216.jpg

20220115_111127.jpg

20220218_152034.jpg

20220218_162859.jpg

20220218_163826.jpg

Little fun fact about the first cat, Dawn: She's actually a dilute tortie, but she came out more cream than blue so it's hard to tell

Zayda (the last cat) is also a dilute tortie, it's just much easier to tell with her

(More pictures of Dawn)

20220209_133753.jpg

20211231_210827.jpg

8 hours ago, Katumai said:

Pictures of my cats + some cats from the shelter I work at

First two are mine the rest are at the shelter

20220108_114216.jpg

20220115_111127.jpg

20220218_152034.jpg

20220218_162859.jpg

20220218_163826.jpg

meowest meow meows ive ever seen in my life they are so amazing and beautiful and