Stray Fawn Community

Niche stories

Katumai

once upon a beautiful female wanderer came upon a tribe. She was invited in and took a mate.

20190323174730_1.thumb.jpg.4dd59b6e26fc8313fc851a77aaa8bece.jpg

then a stupid bearyena came and killed her. It appeared right beside her, the morning of the day after the screenshot was taken 😧

• Sad 2

One in the same

No. It couldn't happen. No to her. Not to Nutalie. Princey ducked his head, burying his face in her fur as tears spilled gently down his face. Nutalie's breathing was shallow, and her eyes looked glazed over. The sickness was taking her, dragging her down to the deep dark of everlasting sleep. She smelled foul, her fur reeking with the illness that raided her fragile body. He felt her cough, her entire body shaking with the effort. Princey could feel the burning gazes of his tribemates, of his sister, his children, shocked to see their king in such a state, and their queen in an even worse one.

Nutalie was slipping away, her body going limper with each second, her breathing ragged and heavy. Her crooked snout was open a bit, her eyes closing slowly. No. No. NO. Death couldn't take her, it couldn't! Princey sobbed, pressing his head deeper into her fur. He stayed that way, through the agonizing seconds as his beloved went still. Her breathing stopped.

He cursed them. He cursed all of them. All of the spirits and gods who would dare to do this. What kind of monster would-

Princey froze. His world was dark and black, and the voices and sounds of his friends and family no longer remained. He felt something staring at him. He looked over his shoulder. 

A dark figure stared back at him, it's green eyes staring holes into Princey's soul. The black male had spots similar to the king's, a particularly strange square shape sitting on his muzzle. His body seemed disoriented, almost like it was glitching. He smiled an ugly smile, and swayed his tail back and forth.

"Who-who are you?"

The nicheling replied, his voice deep yet high at the same time, sounding like falling rocks and claws against stone, sounding near and far at the same time.

"I am Blad e."

Princey swallowed hard. This was Blade. The infamous god of plague. The nicheling who infected and killed his entire tribe for the way he was mistreated, and was punished for it in the afterlife. He had killed Nutalie.

Body burning with anger and rage, Princey lunged forward, aiming his antlers straight at the imposing male. He only stepped to the side, watching as the king tumbled and landed hard. He let out a dark chuckle, stepping towards him.

"YOU'RE A MONSTER!" Princey screeched, his tail lashing and his eyes narrowed. This brute had killed his mate. His Nutalie.

Blade chuckled again, sitting down and gently swiping his tail upwards, resting it under Princey's chin. 

"You're wrong there."

He lifted his paws, holding them out in front of him. Princey froze. He had a velvet paw and a runners leg, just like him. The only difference between the two's appearance were the fur color, eye color and the antlers. Everything else was uncannily similar.

"We are one in the same."

• Love 4

1 hour ago, Clover said:

One in the same

No. It couldn't happen. No to her. Not to Nutalie. Princey ducked his head, burying his face in her fur as tears spilled gently down his face. Nutalie's breathing was shallow, and her eyes looked glazed over. The sickness was taking her, dragging her down to the deep dark of everlasting sleep. She smelled foul, her fur reeking with the illness that raided her fragile body. He felt her cough, her entire body shaking with the effort. Princey could feel the burning gazes of his tribemates, of his sister, his children, shocked to see their king in such a state, and their queen in an even worse one.

Nutalie was slipping away, her body going limper with each second, her breathing ragged and heavy. Her crooked snout was open a bit, her eyes closing slowly. No. No. NO. Death couldn't take her, it couldn't! Princey sobbed, pressing his head deeper into her fur. He stayed that way, through the agonizing seconds as his beloved went still. Her breathing stopped.

He cursed them. He cursed all of them. All of the spirits and gods who would dare to do this. What kind of monster would-

Princey froze. His world was dark and black, and the voices and sounds of his friends and family no longer remained. He felt something staring at him. He looked over his shoulder. 

A dark figure stared back at him, it's green eyes staring holes into Princey's soul. The black male had spots similar to the king's, a particularly strange square shape sitting on his muzzle. His body seemed disoriented, almost like it was glitching. He smiled an ugly smile, and swayed his tail back and forth.

"Who-who are you?"

The nicheling replied, his voice deep yet high at the same time, sounding like falling rocks and claws against stone, sounding near and far at the same time.

"I am Blad e."

Princey swallowed hard. This was Blade. The infamous god of plague. The nicheling who infected and killed his entire tribe for the way he was mistreated, and was punished for it in the afterlife. He had killed Nutalie.

Body burning with anger and rage, Princey lunged forward, aiming his antlers straight at the imposing male. He only stepped to the side, watching as the king tumbled and landed hard. He let out a dark chuckle, stepping towards him.

"YOU'RE A MONSTER!" Princey screeched, his tail lashing and his eyes narrowed. This brute had killed his mate. His Nutalie.

Blade chuckled again, sitting down and gently swiping his tail upwards, resting it under Princey's chin. 

"You're wrong there."

He lifted his paws, holding them out in front of him. Princey froze. He had a velvet paw and a runners leg, just like him. The only difference between the two's appearance were the fur color, eye color and the antlers. Everything else was uncannily similar.

"We are one in the same."

Meringue does not approve of Blade, he clearly does not give free vacations with the purchase of sickness.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skysalsa8 said:

Meringue does not approve of Blade, he clearly does not give free vacations with the purchase of sickness.

Yeah, Blade is pretty evil

He thought he was doing something justified, because his whole tribe(including his mother) resented him because he was sick

He even killed his love Penelope, because he wanted her to be with him in the afterlife

That didn't go according to plan at all :')

• Like 2

(Final battle between Boom and Meein)

The two bloodied males stared at each other, their eyes showed their emotions. The dark one's was showing mock and amusement, hiding the rage. The brighter one's eyes did nothing to hide the anger he was feeling. A few feet away, was a body of a albino female, the murder who caused this.

"You pay for what you've done!" The brighter male leaped at his brother, his fangs glinting in the moonlight.

The darker male did not dodge this time and leaped at his brother at the same time, the two males painted the ground a scarlet. The brothers fought till the sun started to raise, making the sky a pink. Finally... The males stopped. One limped towards the tree that towers over them, the other stayed in place. An evil filled the one who stood in the same place eyes, it silently creeped towards his brother, then silently killed him.

"I win..." He rasped, before falling down and bleeding out.

• Like 2

FlowerMask Shuddered. N-no not here again! This is her doing.. She limped through the sharp spiny grasses. Thorns tore at her pelt and Flowers sprouted at her feet but wilted several seconds later. She limped onwards but every step she took made her paws feel heavier. Time didn't seem real and oil started lapping at her paws. I-I'm going to die here! She thought and started panicking, her heart raced and her legs gave out causing her to slip and fall into the black liquid. "Gahh!" she heard a crack and saw thorns wrapping around her ankle. Bright red blood sprouted from the thorns painful points. "nng-ngh!' She grunts in pain. She squeezes her eyes shut tight and tries to control the thorns, she tried exshausting most of her energy but the wouldn't let go. The grassed rustled and she could hear claws clicking on the hard muddy ground. No! Not now! The giant nicheling emerges from the grass, her amber eyes flickering with menace, her thorn crown was strewn with wilted flowers. Help us! They seemed to cry out.  "Well well, look what we have here?" She asked brining her claw up to her face and examining it. "If it isn't the flower goddess herself?" She asked. "NGGGHH!" Flower screamed. Thorns crept up binding her mouth shut, blood dripped from her nose into the swirling oil. "Y'know, It would be fun to make your death extremely painful but I have a certain Flower Kingdom to destroy." She snarls. "W-WaIT! Just kill me! Please don't harm them Wilted!" "They deserve to die and you know it!" she yelled and pinned her down. "You die now FlowerMask and your kingdom has only seconds left!" she raised her paw and swiped down tearing at her neck. "Goodbye FlowerMask!" she said smiling. "Q-Queen Zinnia! There coming! Prepare for war!" She shrieked hoping the Flower Priestess would hear her, and then.. it was over.. She bled out there and her lifeless body sank into the oil forever.

low key happy with this..

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I found Princey's and Blade's photos so you can see how they look similiar

Blade

Blade.thumb.png.2b2bb8533776911ea01173b67488b71e.png

Princey

1457589249_Princey1.thumb.png.90aa2559e9623e7c4aafc0146b7fabd3.png

I just noticed how their paws are switched, almost like one is mirroring the other

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

He opened his eyes, only seeing blurry colors. He heard sounds, coming from the colors. He saw the sky turn from blue to black, and he saw the colors turn less blurry. And the voices became less blurry, too. Everyone was concerned abut him. His sickness. "We haven't seen anything like its condition since the last island!" He heard the voices call, and another voice trying to shush down the others. The creature sticked close to him, avoiding all the other concerned voices.

He grew, he knew he was a danger to everyone around him. His mother tried to get close to him, but it only hurt her more. His mother was getting weaker, older. And he didn't want to endanger her even more. His mother went over to the healing fruit, and his father came to her. His father was at his weakest points, and at his final moments he looked at his son with a face that spelled regret and sadness. Starswirl, the pup moved to the tiny island, clawing a seashell. It was no use, so he went back to the main land, now an adult.

He met Onyx, and he bonded with her. They formed somewhat of a relationship, so they bred. It would be the best for the tribe, unlike his birth. She laid down the nests, and with her last nest came her last breath. On her skeleton, was a cub with the face and ears of a bearyena. He closely examined his pups, thankfully they weren't bleeding. Coconut, one of the few adolescents came up to the pups to play with them. He knew his children were in good hands, and he began getting closer to the deepest depths of the water. Shell, his mate's daughter quickly noticed and spoke: "Where are you going?". He gave her a sharp glance, "To a better place." and entered the deepest depths of the sea. He couldn't breath any longer, and he was nearing his final days. The sickness got to him,  and he saw as the day went by, and his eyes turned back into his head.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Solitude

It had been a long time. A long time since he had seen the light of day, or felt the soft breeze of a cool day. Instead, he was stuck here, rotting away in a dark forest. Where the stars didn't shine and the sun didn't touch. He would describe it as hell.

"Blade?"

At least he wasn't alone. 

Genevieve padded up to him, her scarred velvet paws almost silent as she walked. She sat down beside him, her spines brushing against his dark fur. She looked ahead of her, into the dark void of a forest that they called their home. Blade's eyes flicked over to her, she looked concerned. Odd, considering this was Genevieve. The female's dark eyes finally turned to him, her ear flicking as she tilted her head.

"Spit it out, what's bothering you?"

He sighed. She always knows, doesn't she? "I'm fine. And can you not use that voice? We only ever do it when we speak to mortals."

Genevieve rolled her eyes. "Alright, fine. But I know you're lying."

Guess there was no point in dying it, Genevieve could read him like a scroll. 

"Just...do you ever wonder? About why we had to suffer?"

She looked confused. "Well, apparently we did bad things-" Blade shook his head.

"No, I mean...before we did all of that. Like, what drove us to do it, you know?"

She seemed to understand. Her ears were pinned back a bit, and she looked thoughtful. "Who knows. Life is cruel." She shrugged, looking down at her paws. "We didn't deserve it."

"But, what if I did? What if I deserved how my tribe treated me? What if-" 

Genevieve cut off his nervous rambling. Her soft paw rested on his back, a comforting gesture. It made Blade freeze. It felt oddly familiar, like a distant memory.

"Don't say that! You-"

"Mom?" 

Ceda looked back at him, pausing in her berry picking. Her son's green eyes stared back at him, he looked scared. She sighed. "What's wrong?"

"I had a bad dream." Blade sniffled, curling up into a ball. Ceda stared at him. What was she supposed to do? Comfort him? She could get sick! As she thought to herself, she heard a sob. She snapped her attention back to reality. As she looked at him, her heart ached a little. This was her son, her child, why was she so hesitant to care about him? 

She sighed, and walked over to the group of three nests pressed against eachother. She hesitantly lifted her runners leg, and rested it against Blade's back. He looked up at her, wide green eyes gleaming with tears. He curled up against her other leg, letting out sobs as she kept her paw planted there. He eventually quieted down a bit.

"Mom?"

"Hm?"

"Where...where's dad?" Ceda flinched, her fur bristling.

"Vanill is dead Blade. You know that." Her son lifted his head, staring into her brown eyes. He sniffled again, uncurling from her leg.

"Do you-do you think he would love me? Would he be proud of me?"

Ceda looked away, removing her paw from his back. She stood back up, turning away.

"There's nothing to love or be proud of."

"Blade? Blade? Blade!" He felt a paw shake him, and he snapped back to reality. He could feel himself shaking, tears brimming his eyes. Looking to Genevieve, he saw her face. She looked concerned, staring at him intensely. "Are you alright."

"My own mother."

"What?" Se tilted her head in confusion.

"My own mother hated me. She hated me because I wasn't healthy, because I wasn't perfect. Because I could give her a cold."

He laughed bitterly, the tears falling, his body still shaking. "I guess she was right." Genevieve stared at him, an almost pained look on her face. She moved closer, resting her chin on his head. He didn't move, just buried his face in her chest. Her quills were smoothed down on her back, not at risk of poking him. 

"She was right. The went at literal war with my illness." He snorted. "Raaname forbid a war like that ever happens again."

The female stiffened, her purr snout twisting into a grimace. Her spines flared out, immediately stabbing Blade in his side. 

"Ow!"

"Sorry! Sorry!" She apologized quickly, smoothing them back down again. She seemed troubled, staring at the ground. Blade looked at her, immediately feeling worried. "Hey, are you ok?"

She replied quickly. "Yeah, yeah, i'm fine. Just...Raaname is the snake who killed me." Bitterness laced her voice, and a low, feral growl sounded in her throat. 

"Oh yeah, sorry." He didn't need to say anything more. He already knew everything about Genevieve's life. 

They sat in a comfortable silence for a while, just staring ahead into the darkness.

Genevieve was the first to break it.

"You know, not everything about this place is bad."

She turned to face him, a soft smile on her face, a purr rumbling in her throat.

"At least we don't have to suffer alone, in solitude."

ow my hands

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1