Stray Fawn Community

How does one find their style?

takoyamaaaS

I’ve tried realistic, which was a disaster, cartoony, which was slightly better, adpnd a mix of the two, which was horrible.

(Realistocj)

31DB3379-4E7A-44D8-9334-FC76455BA5E7.thumb.jpeg.250606d65558c54405797900457a3f75.jpeg

(Cartoony)

8D2A69EF-2E17-4657-8614-64374B705F64.thumb.png.72bc5f39a873e8b702aebc44da146827.png

(Semi cartoon you)

A146D224-25CA-457B-A761-825322E98026.thumb.jpeg.0825bab72d7a6324a194cc1d613f853f.jpeg

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling

I just found my style through practice! I used to draw my characrter’s cats snouts to be very plain.. but once I looked into more complex snouts, I just went with that style since then! Oh, and for my character Silver.. drawing him feels very easy now, I just need to draw big floofy cheeks because he’s based on a longhair cat breed :)

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

anatomy: I try to make it realistic
everything else: C A R T O O N 

At least I’m blending human anatomy with cartoony animal heads for my characters ^^ (and no they aren’t crazily cartoony, they’re just not close to being realistic)

BFF1B4E0-85A4-413F-B45E-B9708594B245.thumb.png.12a425f5d6a9da13da9347ecd23de5c5.png

Heres an example of a fav pic of mine! :)

(Also the paws aren’t plantigrade, I kinda combined human legs with digitigrade paws, but I guess that’s not a good combination.. ^^;)

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Clover said:

Mine just kinda developed with my drawings, having a style mostly just forms over time

You are correct my dear friend! :D

1 minute ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

At least I’m blending human anatomy with cartoony animal heads for my characters ^^ (and no they aren’t crazily cartoony, they’re just not close to being realistic)

BFF1B4E0-85A4-413F-B45E-B9708594B245.thumb.png.12a425f5d6a9da13da9347ecd23de5c5.png

Heres an example of a fav pic of mine! :)

(Also the paws aren’t plantigrade, I kinda combined human legs with digitigrade paws, but I guess that’s not a good combination.. ^^;)

humans anatomy

ew

(nnot your picture, I just can't  a n y t h I n g with humans)

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, Renio2490 said:

humans anatomy

ew

(nnot your picture, I just can't  a n y t h I n g with humans)

I completely understand! Human anatomy is not my favorite either.. infact I could just say “ew” like you about humans just because of how HARD they can be to draw! Especially with those dafted hands! Bleh...

4 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

I completely understand! Human anatomy is not my favorite either.. infact I could just say “ew” like you about humans just because of how HARD they can be to draw! Especially with those dafted hands! Bleh...

and that's why I draw Nichelings everytime I draw

(actually, I think the ONLY reason my art isn't disgusting is because of Niche)

Guest SilverTheNicheling
10 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

and that's why I draw Nichelings everytime I draw

(actually, I think the ONLY reason my art isn't disgusting is because of Niche)

I love drawing Nichelings too! :3 just last night I managed to get another art request done! Come find it over at my art requests topic! ^^

3 minutes ago, totally melon yogurt cat said:

How does this boi look? His name is Macaronoo. (And yes, I know the ears are a little disproportionate)

CEA87D55-82F9-489A-BAD0-4A4DE382EAED.thumb.png.d077ce60b2202e5c5bf3c59b2b08a129.png

That looks really cool! All I would say is maybe try a different technique with the eyes. What I often do is make a new layer underneath the picture to color in the eyes so that the color doesn't get out of the lines. That's it, though!

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, RaanaTheBanana said:

That looks really cool! All I would say is maybe try a different technique with the eyes. What I often do is make a new layer underneath the picture to color in the eyes so that the color doesn't get out of the lines. That's it, though!

Ahh! I used to do that too! :3 then I just got really tired to making multiple layers.. the art app I use can’t handle 10+ layers at once..

I'm not sure if this is bad or not, but... I learned how to draw by looking at someone else's art, then trying to copy it. I sorta just mashed pieces together, so it's be like A's ears, B's eyes, C's head, etc, but I also put my own twist on it, like now the eyes are just kinda plain but I like them because I didn't copy them from someone else.

Once upon a time, my cats were like these:

image.png.296ff5ef73a50886bd1e71a4e645d0d2.png

(I remember being so proud of that xD)

And now I can draw them like this!:

image.thumb.png.caa27689db5f42e7a9255ed41416aa27.png

(I'ms till proud of that!)

Just keep on drawing. You'll slowly improve--Like, I've improved from last month, it's weird. So... yeah

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Skysalsa8 said:

I'm not sure if this is bad or not, but... I learned how to draw by looking at someone else's art, then trying to copy it. I sorta just mashed pieces together, so it's be like A's ears, B's eyes, C's head, etc, but I also put my own twist on it, like now the eyes are just kinda plain but I like them because I didn't copy them from someone else.

Just keep on drawing. You'll slowly improve--Like, I've improved from last month, it's weird. So... yeah

I is it weird that I actually really like the first drawing? They're both amazing!

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
3 minutes ago, Skysalsa8 said:

Absolutely LOVE IT! ^^