Stray Fawn Community

Killer bearyena babies?

seahorsepie

Okay, what if there was an extremely rare chance of finding a killer bearyena with a baby. You'd have to kill the mother before the baby becomes a teen or it'll become unfriendly as well. It would only give the same bearyena genes as a regular one, but maybe possibly red eyes? It would be nice if red eyes were added and that was the way to obtain them. And otherwise the killer bearyena would be wonderful defence. 

• Like 2

8 replies to this post

I admit I completly misread your post at first xD  I think if we got this there should sometimes be an event when the killer bearyenas hits one of your creatures, like a randomizer determines each day if it'll stay friendly. Why? Because I feel like these big and strong creatures might just lash out 'accidentally' one day or maybe you get lucky and they never will.  But you'll still be able to breed with it. I also think that it should give slightly different genes as they are stronger and have defense opposed to the normal bearyenas but that might make the following hybrids even more overpowered

• Like 3

A possible addition to this could be the creation of a new gene: the killer bearyena body. the bearyena currently doesn't have a separate body in it's genetics, just big body. maybe there could be a baby bearyena that the same with it's weaker counterpart needs to have it's mother killed resulting in it becoming tamable and then potentially requires a higher amount of food to tame it due to it being larger. it could have all the same genes as a bearyena but two new ones: a bearyena body that gives off the same killer bearyena defense (which I currently don't remember, is it 2? 3?) and then as you suggested, red eyes. Due to the defense you would gain from this body and it should probably give +1 or +2 attack as well, in a way that's balanced with the defense given, it should be like you said where the bearyena needs to be tamed before it grows into a teen or else it will become wild again. 

the main issue with this is: too overpowered. But I think justifications for this would be 1: the limited time to kill the mother and tame the child giving a challenge and the fact these creatures only appear in one of the most difficult islands, meaning most players who would be able to gather this genetic would either be end game or very experienced, which to me justifies the addition of a bigger badder genetic to really amp up game play 

As always I would love to hear thoughts and ideas on this, especially from the OP 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jojo said:

I admit I completly misread your post at first xD  I think if we got this there should sometimes be an event when the killer bearyenas hits one of your creatures, like a randomizer determines each day if it'll stay friendly. Why? Because I feel like these big and strong creatures might just lash out 'accidentally' one day or maybe you get lucky and they never will.  But you'll still be able to breed with it. I also think that it should give slightly different genes as they are stronger and have defense opposed to the normal bearyenas but that might make the following hybrids even more overpowered

Yeah! That would be a great idea that they aren't guaranteed to always be friendly. Maybe we'd have to keep feeding it in order to raise the chances of it being friendly? The idea of even stronger genes from it does sound nice, but I agree that it would be overpowered.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wolfhowlmay said:

A possible addition to this could be the creation of a new gene: the killer bearyena body. the bearyena currently doesn't have a separate body in it's genetics, just big body. maybe there could be a baby bearyena that the same with it's weaker counterpart needs to have it's mother killed resulting in it becoming tamable and then potentially requires a higher amount of food to tame it due to it being larger. it could have all the same genes as a bearyena but two new ones: a bearyena body that gives off the same killer bearyena defense (which I currently don't remember, is it 2? 3?) and then as you suggested, red eyes. Due to the defense you would gain from this body and it should probably give +1 or +2 attack as well, in a way that's balanced with the defense given, it should be like you said where the bearyena needs to be tamed before it grows into a teen or else it will become wild again. 

the main issue with this is: too overpowered. But I think justifications for this would be 1: the limited time to kill the mother and tame the child giving a challenge and the fact these creatures only appear in one of the most difficult islands, meaning most players who would be able to gather this genetic would either be end game or very experienced, which to me justifies the addition of a bigger badder genetic to really amp up game play 

As always I would love to hear thoughts and ideas on this, especially from the OP 

I think in order to make it fair the bearyena would have to be offered 15+ food in order to tame it? I absolutely love the idea of a new body type from it, though maybe add some negatives so it's not just an upgraded big body? Maybe enough reduction from heat resistance that even in climates that aren't that hot, resulting in reduced energy. That would exclude winter islands of course. 

• Like 3

On 4/27/2018 at 6:35 PM, seahorsepie said:

I think in order to make it fair the bearyena would have to be offered 15+ food in order to tame it? I absolutely love the idea of a new body type from it, though maybe add some negatives so it's not just an upgraded big body? Maybe enough reduction from heat resistance that even in climates that aren't that hot, resulting in reduced energy. That would exclude winter islands of course. 

seahorsepie you can edit your post if you want, just a reminder. though I do agree with the idea of a bearyena body and also adding some dubuffs but I think getting hot even when not in a hot biome makes no sense, bearyena's are a mix of a bear, and a hyena edit: I just realized that you replyed this, oopsie.

34 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

seahorsepie you can edit your post if you want, just a reminder. though I do agree with the idea of a bearyena body and also adding some dubuffs but I think getting hot even when not in a hot biome makes no sense, bearyena's are a mix of a bear, and a hyena edit: I just realized that you replyed this, oopsie.

Dude, they haven't been online since 2018

• Like 1