Stray Fawn Community

Serious, real, water-breathing problem. You've probably seen it.

brdrnt

So you're going along fine and you decide to get some water breathing pups,... and some live and some die. But here's the problem and the  bug my Stray Fawn coding friends, there exist creatures in my game that have neither gills, nor water body, nor whatever else it is that makes you do water breathing, but i get the green circle with the bubbles on these totally non water breathing creatures - and by golly, - they breathe water too. They don't take damage in the water. So I signed up for a forum account just to post this bug cuz 3-4 tester branches have gone by me and everyone of them has had this bug, and its ridiculous. How is this animal breathing water without gills or water body or the other thing?? Trace the logic of the coding through to the decision to enable the green bubbles and water breathing. There is something along that chain, something maybe related to some other creature dying, like a first index = 0 or 1 error, array[0], that makes my animals breathe in water when they aren't supposed to.

You can't release 1.2 to the public til you fix this. Hunt it down, it'll take you what, 2 hrs? 6?

also,

every "news" update on steam is about how you're selling your product for cheaper than usual. that's not good sales strat. release a few new news updates, and get rid of those "discount" updates. they annoy me every time i load your game. why did i pay full price? i say . maybe put some new news up. if you `ave it.

4 replies to this post

I was previously unaware of the water healing plants giving water breathing but I don't believe it applies here. I could be mistaken since I didn't know about that game mechanic before. I don't think the creature had eaten anything but now I can't be sure. I just ask the devs to please examine the water breathing code and make sure I'm mistaken.

• Like 2