Stray Fawn Community

Patchnotes 0.7.1 Early Access Preview

Micha

Dear Drone Engineers,

We just released the 0.7.1 patch for the new Campaign Update on the preview branch.

Here is how you can get the preview build on steam:

– Open your Steam library
– Right click on Nimbatus in the Steam library
– Select Properties / Beta
– Select the Beta tab
– Enter imadeabackup as password to unlock the preview branch

– Select Preview_0.7.0 from the drop down
– Restart steam in case the game does not update automatically or you can't see the preview branch

Patchnotes

New Features

• The minimap now has a dynamic planet display
  • Added live weapon previews to tooltips

Reworks

• Changed the way health works:
    • Health is now displayed in units instead of as a percentage
    • One unit of health is lost with each corp attack
    • The Nimbatus doesn’t start with full health anymore since it got hit in the intro
  • Changed deploy cost to scale linearly with amount of parts above threshold
  • You now only can mine a finite amount of resources from one planet, even if you launch multiple drones
    • This is to limit some exploits, we plan to add better resource persistency in the future

Fixes

• Fixed preconditions in autonomous tutorial
  • Fixed bug that mission did not complete when bringing back the blackbox to the container
  • Fixed bug where shop solar systems would unlock neighboring systems too early
  • Made drone skins less blurry on high zoom levels
  • Added space between 1 and upgrade in  "uncommon weapon with 1upgrade" 
  • Made Edit Planet Settings more visible
  • Fix corp transmitter effect during attack
  • Removed useless threat display on missions
  • Fixed sandbox settings and credits sliders so they change their value on click
  • Fixed a bug where tooltip on parts in captain selection showed 0 health
  • Fixed bug where hammerheads that haven’t targeted the player before were faster

Balancing

• Removed fuel tanks from rewards for Researcher
  • Corp Lab missions now only appear on Jungle planets
  • Reduced the maximum recoil from 3 to 2.5 as shotguns exploded with 3
  • Changed when corp attacks are encountered.
  • Threat level now lowers when suffering a corp attack.
  • Flamethrowers now display the damage that 10 particle impacts cause instead of one, to be better comparable.
  • Players start off with a small amount of Unobtainium
  • Reduced amount of Tritium at start
  • Increased spawnrate of Unobtainium rewards slightly
  • Adjusted prices in shops
  • Buffed Spike min and max damage
  • Made “freeze lava fountain” and “hammer head in the core” 2 star missions to offer more alternatives to the “hammerhead shoal” mission
  • Reduced cost of travelling to dead end galaxies
  • Added 2 heater parts to Engineer starter set
  • Removed 2 regular thrusters from Engineer starter set
  • Increased minimum amount of shops per galaxy
  • Lowered probability of receiving bio weapons as rewards
  • Balanced amount of snake eggs for the egg mission

Happy testing and thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Stray Fawn Studio

• Paw up 2

There are individual limits for each weapon, so we could already tweak those settings.

I think we need to rebalance all the upgrades at some point and also add new weapon and ammo types. I miss the spark throwers and snipers :NumberOfProjectiles:

On 7/23/2019 at 10:33 AM, Micha said:

There are individual limits for each weapon, so we could already tweak those settings.

I think we need to rebalance all the upgrades at some point and also add new weapon and ammo types. I miss the spark throwers and snipers :NumberOfProjectiles:

Perhaps significantly increase those limits so we don't feel that an upgrade is wasted?

Also there is a cap of 10 of a single part, so it feels wasted to get a capped part as a mission reward (Two thrusters/batteries when you already have 10 of that particular part)

• Like 1

• Markus pinned this topic
16 hours ago, z0mbiesrock said:

Also there is a cap of 10 of a single part, so it feels wasted to get a capped part as a mission reward (Two thrusters/batteries when you already have 10 of that particular part)

That's a leftover from an old version. We discussed it with @ArnoJ and that limit will be removed with the next update :) 

3 hours ago, Markus said:

That's a leftover from an old version. We discussed it with @ArnoJ and that limit will be removed with the next update :) 

Yeah, the cap on drone part stack size was a leftover from when we first implemented that mechanic, it will be removed in the next update.

20 hours ago, z0mbiesrock said:

Perhaps significantly increase those limits so we don't feel that an upgrade is wasted?

That limit has also been increased, so in the next update you'll see bullet count upgrades have an effect on shotguns.

• Like 1

Kudos to the team! I just played the campaign for about 3h and i like the progress the game has made!

It's been a while since i last played, so maybe i missed the change... But shouldn't the supercapacitor refill after all batterys are fully charged?

• Like 1

So just to get it right... Supercapacitors are a 'one-shot reserve per drone-launch' and are not intended to refill with the overflow of the fully charged batteries?

• Like 1

Yes, @STM. The latest changes to the batteries (and fuel tanks) are, that there are three sizes which recharge and one which has a lot of capacity but does not recharge. We might improve that system/add more variety in the future.

And thank you again for playing and giving feedback. Very happy that you like the changes so far :) 

• Like 1

• Markus unpinned this topic