Stray Fawn Community

Rabied Nichelings

Deathpelt

I was thinking that there should be some more Niche sicknesses in the game, and the one I immediately though of was rabies. Here is what it will do and how it will work.

- So first A niche may be attacked by a bearyena/ other predator, this gives the niche a chance to become infected. (Though still pretty small)

- The infected Niche will first start resisting user commands, and will lose life slowly. (Day 1)

- After a day it will be entirely inoperable and will start attacking the babies of the tribe. Eyes will also appear red or milky. (Day 2)

- On the third day it will start attacking its own tribe members, resulting in more rabid niches. (Day 3)

- Unless killed they will continue losing health and attacking niches and any other creature nearby. Their lifespan will be cute in half. 

- Remember this is a rare to moderate chance! More so depending on the predator. Red-eyed Bearyenas have a bigger chance of having it. 

- Rogue males may also have a VERy rare chance of obtaining rabies and passing it onto your tribe!

Edit: The editing button works now yay!!!

Thats my thoughts! :D

• Like 5

12 replies to this post

So after people saying they wouldn't like that they couldn't control the sick creature. What if this disease was a part of the challenge mode (I am refering to this post: 

) or an option when you go sandbox (either on harder islands or just always) and just not present in story mode? That way people could have the option if they wanted the extra challenge but players who don't want it wouldn't need to play with it? :)

• Like 5

There could be a gene like "Immunity to rabies" wich could decrease the change of being infected or make the creature fully immune to it. Also it would be good if rabies was only seen in hard and killer islands. I like the idea of it being cured by healing plants but I think that purr snout should also be able to do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortuna said:

I can't say I like this idea. The idea of not being able to control something like that really doesn't feel right in a game like this. If it does become something, I hope it's optional, because the thought that you could suddenly lose a Nicheling to something that's much harder to deal with than wounds would be kind of a buzzkill. Not every island has healing fruits on it.

Yeah I feel the same way. It would be so overpowered on the oasis island and stuff. 

I definitely like the idea of more sicknesses. The question is could it be healed by the healing plant? And or could it only be healed on the first day of infection? Also, I like the idea that we would not be able to control the creature anymore. Still kind of feels a little unbalance ^^

• Like 1

I really enjoy your idea! ^^  I think that the progression of the Rabies could be a little slower. for the first three days, the nicheling could lose one energy to their total amount of energy left. they start off with three energy the first day. Then it decreases down to two the next day, and it keeps decreasing until the nicheling has a day with no energy, as if it had used its turns for the day. On the fifth day, it would "banish" itself from the tribe and start attacking its tribe mates. However, if it get to a healing plant before they lose all their energy, they can be cured.

• Like 3

I can't say I like this idea. The idea of not being able to control something like that really doesn't feel right in a game like this. If it does become something, I hope it's optional, because the thought that you could suddenly lose a Nicheling to something that's much harder to deal with than wounds would be kind of a buzzkill. Not every island has healing fruits on it.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, Fortuna said:

I agree :c In theory, it's a cool idea to mirror real life, but sometimes real life is stupid and certain aspects don't need to be added. We already have rape in the game with Rogue Males; rabies just feels like one gut punch too many. I'm not saying I'd stop playing the game if rabies was added, but I'd certainly be less enthused.