Stray Fawn Community

The Funeral

Broken

@Bucket Friend Silver has asked me to delete her account. I told her that deleting her account a third time leads to a 6 month ban from the forums, which she agreed to. So she is banned for 6 months now. 

@Goggles-kun 
Nimbatus is coming out on Steam in 5 weeks after 1.5 years of early access with 5 big and lots of smaller updates. So LOTS of stuff going on there. The Nimbatus people seem to perfer to hang out on Discord though. Nimbatus has been our main project for 2.5 years now. After the game has been out for a month (so in about 10 weeks from now) the studio gets a new main project, which will be Wavi (see below).

As for Niche, we currently can't do any updates since the game version needs to be frozen porting. The Switch port is nearing it's completion and we are most likely doing PS4 and Xbox too. It's unfortunately not possible to give people access to an unfinished game on consoles, so no beta testing there. After the ports are done, we have to sit down and evaluate what to do with the game. 

As for Niche mobile, progress is currently slow since the two main devs are still doing their masters degree and can only work on the game 1 day a week.
Hopefully we can make quite some progress during the semester vacation. And maybe we can also let someone else from the team help out when Nimbatus is finished. You are welcome to invite new people to the forums as testers, please make sure they read the requirements.

Other Niche related things that are going on are the Adam plushies, which we hope to run a Kickstarter for this or early next year.
And, but this is still super early, so I have no idea if it will actually be a thing: We're looking into the possibility of writting a Niche book :) (aka hiring an artist to write a Niche book) maybe also combined with a Kickstarter, but really, no idea yet.

And we are also hard to work on our third PC game Wavi (Walking Village), which I think Niche players will find cool ^^
We're making good progress and can hopefully start doing some testing with you guys in the coming weeks/months.

1755695674_ScreenShot2020-04-13at08_48_39.png.a06907e26716e0e43b95d75abb2ebd9f.png

We don't want to force anybody to stay in the forums.
But I think lots of interesting stuff is happening and it also seems like all of you have lots of things to talk about too ^^
We're always open to suggestions on things to improve :)

• Like 4
  • Eek! 5
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, Philo said:

Adam plushies,
 possibility of writting a Niche book :)

And we are also hard to work on our third PC game Wavi (Walking Village), which I think Niche players will find cool ^^
We're making good progress and can hopefully start doing some testing with you guys in the coming weeks/months.

1755695674_ScreenShot2020-04-13at08_48_39.png.a06907e26716e0e43b95d75abb2ebd9f.png

We don't want to force anybody that they have to stay in the forums.
But I think lots of interesting stuff is happening and it also seems like all of you have lots of things to talk about too ^^

First off. Thanks for all the hard work (Especially with the current status of the world) and please say good luck for those still busy with degrees and school work.

I hope both the plushies and book makes it.❤️ But will understand if it doesn't.

I'm excited to see Wavi completed and playing it. (I've tried the Nimbatus  game, I'm not really good in it. But my sibling likes is so might get it for them.)

(Cute picture! I'm guessing that is the animal we will be co-living with in Wavi?)

Small selfish suggestion. Another story mode similar to Adam would be nice. I like trying to get to his island with the star gene.

• Like 2

@FawnCat It's all still very much a prototype, but yes that will be the creature players will try to survive on :)
I agree that another Niche storymode would be cool. But we really need to see after the porting if our team as A) the financial possibility
(Running a game studio with 10 people in Switzerland costs us around $50'000 every month! So we always need to carefully weight all decisions to make sure the we can make games in the long run ;))
and B) the time to do it. But that never stopped us from brainstorming right :D?

• Like 3
  • Eek! 3

Yes, turtle town was actually inspired by this ^^
But the gameplay is very different from turtle town. Wavi is a city-building game where you place buildings etc on the creature.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Philo said:

Yes, turtle town was actually inspired by this ^^
But the gameplay is very different from turtle town. Wavi is a city-building game where you place buildings etc on the creature.

So id this what Nyoma could have been?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Philo said:

@Bucket Friend Silver has asked me to delete her account. I told her that deleting her account a third time leads to a 6 month ban from the forums, which she agreed to. So she is banned for 6 months now. 

@Goggles-kun 
Nimbatus is coming out on Steam in 5 weeks after 1.5 years of early access with 5 big and lots of smaller updates. So LOTS of stuff going on there. The Nimbatus people seem to perfer to hang out on Discord though. Nimbatus has been our main project for 2.5 years now. After the game has been out for a month (so in about 10 weeks from now) the studio gets a new main project, which will be Wavi (see below).

As for Niche, we currently can't do any updates since the game version needs to be frozen porting. The Switch port is nearing it's completion and we are most likely doing PS4 and Xbox too. It's unfortunately not possible to give people access to an unfinished game on consoles, so no beta testing there. After the ports are done, we have to sit down and evaluate what to do with the game. 

As for Niche mobile, progress is currently slow since the two main devs are still doing their masters degree and can only work on the game 1 day a week.
Hopefully we can make quite some progress during the semester vacation. And maybe we can also let someone else from the team help out when Nimbatus is finished. You are welcome to invite new people to the forums as testers, please make sure they read the requirements.

Other Niche related things that are going on are the Adam plushies, which we hope to run a Kickstarter for this or early next year.
And, but this is still super early, so I have no idea if it will actually be a thing: We're looking into the possibility of writting a Niche book :) (aka hiring an artist to write a Niche book) maybe also combined with a Kickstarter, but really, no idea yet.

We don't want to force anybody to stay in the forums.

Thanks for sharing! I’ll delete my comment. I can’t wait for everything to catch up to speed :) 

• Paw up 1

I just realize I'm friends with Jojo on Steam, and they're still alive! Anyone want me to say anything to them? (I'll message them saying we miss them, plus any messages you guys have)

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Sky said:

I just realize I'm friends with Jojo on Steam, and they're still alive! Anyone want me to say anything to them? (I'll message them saying we miss them, plus any messages you guys have)

Ask if they’re part of the Spanish Inquisition 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eek! 1