Stray Fawn Community

Tags - for planets

DreamShark

I think it would be great if we could add custom tags for planets as we go to them. 
idk how often you want people to go back to the same planet, but if it's by design to go frequently like I feel it is now, being able to search for a planet by a tag would be great!

Like: resource amount/type/location, enemy numbers/type, ,worm, etc.

Then be able to either search for planes or filter out planets (dim ones that don't fit the filter and make them un-selectable) 

Tag the planet when you're there, but be able to see the tag without having to travel there - just have that info in the hover-over text (which currently only displays the planet name)

• Like 2

4 replies to this post

I like this idea. When you have many planets explored, it's really hard to find a certain planet which fits your criteria when you want to replay or experiment with it. Maybe you have to scan certain objects first before you can browse it on the worldmap though (just throwing another idea on top :) ).

• Like 1

I like that idea about scanning. Just scanning things in general sounds like a neat possible mechanic. Scanning the planet, scanning some found item/material while out in the field, or scanning when you're back home (off the planet) - or time-dependent scanning: like it will take X amount of missions before it finishes analyzing Y. 
Another idea for tagging planets in a flavor-text kind of way is let us connect planets visually for constellations. (I know those are connected stars, but our Galaxies are lacking in stars, heh heh) 

I also like the "yes, and..." attitude StrayFawnStudios members have in your forum responses. Thank you. Makes for fun brain storming. :) 

• Like 2

Scanning planets sound like a nice addition to exploring!

Maybe even add some way a scan gives some bonus on this planet, like +x% more ore gathered/found, put an effect to enemys, more damage done, less damage taken, etc. and an option to scan for certain things even multiple times to increase that bonus.

• Like 1

I would love this feature.  Right now I have a folder with a text file of planet names and relevant features, and screenshots so I can find the darn things in the universe.

Any time someone is taking notes outside the game, I think a game feature is a good idea.

• Like 1