Stray Fawn Community

Random Weapon Gems

corona_wind

The new campaign mode is throwing weapons at me which I wouldn't have thought of making.  Some are surprisingly good.

• Plasma rockets with +200% projectile count and +40% rocket force and 100% damage downgrade can light things up bigtime.  Just one turret melted the BIG pirate ship.
  • Cryo long laser with +50% range, +75% damage, and penetration, can freeze lava bombers around corners.
  • Not technically an upgrade, but combining spikes and springs made 2 useless finds deadly.  You can hit real hard and cause damage instead of taking it.

What've you been finding?

• Like 2

Good point @pyz3n. Sometimes you just want to play around. But there are some actual use cases:

- For lasers there's an attracting upgrade. This can be used to pull objects towards you. Sometimes it's good if you don't damage the objects, for example if they give resource. (there's also a pushing variant)

- There are objects you have to cool down and collect. If you want to use cryo ammunition to cool down objects, it's better when the weapons don't deal damage, because you might destroy the object (cryo tank mission).

On 7/28/2019 at 7:33 AM, pyz3n said:

I've seen a lot of downgrades in the tech tree, may you enlighten me on their use? As a new player I can't see why you'd want to deal less damage.

In my case, the downgrade was pointless - randomly chosen - but the weapon was surprisingly efficient anyway.

• Like 1