Stray Fawn Community

Ever Rescued A Hurt Animal?

wolfhowlmay

We found a chipmunk/Squirrel that had an injured paw, we fed it some milk and fed it a little then we let someone else take care of it. We also save chipmunks in my house.

Once my dog fatally injured one but I got it out but it died in my hands. I was crying for ages... and I felt as though it was my fault and everything... I saw it trying to use it's lungs but it couldn't breathe...

It still makes me sad 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

When I was younger I lived in a semi secluded house in the woods that commonly had injured birds so we would take them in and nurse them back to health until they could be released. The only time we weren't able to save one was when it was suffering from internal bleeding. It was a pretty sad case.

• Like 2

(I have pictures that I will post later)

About two years ago (I think I lost track of time) I was doing homework and I looked out the kitchen window and saw my outdoor cat pawing at something in the pool. I went outside and examined it and found out it was a baby king snake! I was elated, but at first I thought it was a coral snake so I panicked and went to my dad (I used to live in Texas and coral snakes were EVERYWHERE). So my dad came out and confirmed that it wasn't a coral snake and he gave me a large ashtray to scoop it out of the pool and carry it outside the screened in area to the outside grass. I wanted to touch it so bad but my dad would not let me sadly. Long story short, I let it go in the grass and it slithered out of view.

I WANT A PET SNAKE IF YOU COULDN'T TELL ALREADY

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Yes! When I was about 8, I was at a park with my older brother and there was a pigeon being hunted by a cat. Since it's wings were damaged, it couldn't fly away so we took it home, put it in our shed, called our dad to get a first aid kit and we fed it some of our bird food. (We had seeds which we were going to put in our bird feeding thing) We left it in the shed for about a week until it healed and we set it free. 

• Like 2