Stray Fawn Community

please help

Renio2490

how do you find an elk herd in WQ 3? I've been trying so hard, and I've found the scents for them, I just don't know what to do. Should I follow them? Should I go the opposite direction? Should I be chasing the Fescue herd?

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

how do you find an elk herd in WQ 3? I've been trying so hard, and I've found the scents for them, I just don't know what to do. Should I follow them? Should I go the opposite direction? Should I be chasing the Fescue herd?

Follow where the scent is coming from, at the beginning you’re usually ending up finding an elk herd in the Wapiti territory.

1 minute ago, Bláth Sneachta said:

Are you following them upwind, or the way they’re blowing towards you? Also, sometimes the scents can be carried reallllly far away.

i'm following them to where they are blowing.

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, Renio2490 said:

so I go the opposite direction?

Basically.. don’t worry pal, I made the same mistake before so you’re not alone on this. :)

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Renio2490 said:

i'm following them to where they are blowing.

And sometimes it just takes a while to find the elk.. wolves have a great sense of smell that can detect scent from even a mile away!

Just now, SilverTheNicheling said:

You better explained that better than I did! xD

depends on wether it makes sense or not

besides you were on time to help them

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, Lilytuft said:

depends on wether it makes sense or not

besides you were on time to help them

I just hope they took my advice for granted..

I'm here, and I DID end up finding the elk herd. After a long time. I followed the scent all the way to some tracks that were about 4 hours old, and followed those tracks all the way to the elk. At least the herd wasn't in Wapiti Territory

• Eek! 2

4 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

I'm here, and I DID end up finding the elk herd. After a long time. I followed the scent all the way to some tracks that were about 4 hours old, and followed those tracks all the way to the elk. At least the herd wasn't in Wapiti Territory

Yay! You’re luckier than me. The elk are A L L in the Wapiti or Lamar Canyon territory for me ;-;

Guest SilverTheNicheling
55 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

I even hunted one (why did I chose a healthy mother?)

Healthy mothers can be good, since after all it is a video game and not real life.. you can kill one without dying, but I still suggest that you kill them with a mate so you don’t lose so much health and make it a possible end for you if you’re fighting strangers..