Stray Fawn Community

New update (version 1.1.0) is on the preview branch!

Philo

Hi pack!
We are super happy to announce that the new update is now live on the preview branch :)
Here are the patch notes with all the changes, fixes and new things.

Please remember that this is an UPDATE  PREVIEW. This means that there will be LOTS of bugs!
We need your help to find them, so we can fix them. If you just want to play and enjoy, it might be best to wait a few weeks, so that everything will be running without problems ^^

If you want to jump right in and help with bugtesting, please switch to the preview branch on Steam. Here is how:
– Open your Steam library
– Right click on Niche
– Click on properties
– Select the Beta tab
– Select the release_preview branch from the drop down
– Restart Steam if the game does not update
– Let the game update
– Open Niche and play

Please report bugs here
Please do a quick check if the bug has already been reported. If it has, leave a comment on the existing thread instead of opening a new one. That helps to keep things organized. Thanks!

If anyone is playing on GOG:
Sorry, we only do update previews on Steam, since it's way easier to push new things fast. The finished update will be released on GOG too of course!

There are a few things missing (sound effects, textures for the tails).

Hope you enjoy the new update!
Let us know what you think ^_^

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Paw up 1

• Philo pinned this topic

I have been trying for ages to download the update, I have opened and closed steam several times, restarted my computer 3 times and still no luck. It just stops at around 22% and stops downloading.

Just now, ShriekingPterodactyl said:

I have been trying for ages to download the update, I have opened and closed steam several times, restarted my computer 3 times and still no luck. It just stops at around 22% and stops downloading.

Seriously, just as I post on the forums about having problems updating niche it decides to finally work >.>

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Heheh it scared me for a moment when it loaded up and I see a big tail and stuff xD

And OH MY GOODNESS I'm on the second day And I already have a Loner Nicheling with recessive Scorpion Tail!

And I've already found a bug xD (I'll make a post later with the bugs I find)

Edited by Skysplash8
  • Like 1

Oh WOW a lot of stuff is happening

-2 rogue males (make that 3!)

-We're at 2 food with 5 Nichelings

-a loner with Scorpion Tail, Recessive Peacock Tail, Beak, and double *I* Immunity. Plus he has great fertility! (but double Shortsighted eyes)

-and I'm going insane because I love this so much 

Edited by Skysplash8
  • Like 1

So far i haven't encountered any bugs except this one : I had twins and after leaving the nest with mother they just merge to one another  :D On the Picture below can be seen how to colors where flashing from one twin to another twin.

bug.jpg

• Like 1