Stray Fawn Community

New update (version 1.1.0) is on the preview branch!

Philo

On 5/9/2018 at 6:33 PM, Forest said:

And now my save file is completely gone, I'm not sure how that happened.

@Philo This has happened to me twice. First time I ha just spawned on an island with an ice block beside me which contained a Megalosaurus (Or however you spell it) Horned teen. The second time, I had a whole tribe on Whale Island whose founding male had active Antennae. Note that I had made the world, played it, then when I exited to the menu, the save file was gone. :( Both of these times it happened in save file 2.

• Thanks 1

@Skysplash8 @Forest It's really weird that a savegame just disappears. One thing you absolutely need to do is to make sure that you have some free disk space, otherwise it will always have problems saving correctly.

If it happens again, please search for the logfile and send it to us, so we can figure out what the problem was :)

Here is how you can find the logfiles: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Philo said:

Thanks for the details @Skysplash8
Do you remember about how long you played with those two saves before they dissapeared?

The first was only up for a few minutes (I was probably only on the second day or so), and the second one was on second/third generation. R.I.P.

6 hours ago, Micha said:

@Skysplash8 @Forest It's really weird that a savegame just disappears. One thing you absolutely need to do is to make sure that you have some free disk space, otherwise it will always have problems saving correctly.

If it happens again, please search for the logfile and send it to us, so we can figure out what the problem was :)

Here is how you can find the logfiles: 

I started a couple different tribes in the same savefile (I just didn't like a few) after this today and they worked fine. But I'll make sure to find the logfile next time :)

• Like 1

Im new to steam as well as niche and when I try to open the beta it says i have none and you mentioned a drop down but i dont know were to get it if you could help that would be great!:P

Right-click on the niche in the list of installed games, go to properties and select the beta-tab.

In the drop-down menu select beta and press ok.

That should do it.

Hop that helps!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Teebay said:

Um I was playing and was attacked by berinas and rouge males in about the first days of playing :| pretty sure thats not normal and its on easy...

If you mean sandbox, then bearyenas and rogue males still appear. "Easy" means that's only the difficulty of the particular island you're on, rather than the difficulty of the whole game. If you migrate to any other island, then the difficulty would change.
I've found that rogue males appear pretty much on every island that isn't a small, grassy starter island. Bearyenas on the other hand show up pretty much everywhere except snow islands.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Lillymoon25 said:

No matter what I do, I can’t find properties on steam, where is it? I’m just sitting here scanning my screen but nothing rip

image.jpg

Right click on Niche in your steam library and then go to properties on the pop-up :) from there to the beta tab and select release preview from the dropdown. No password needed

1 hour ago, Lillymoon25 said:

Never mind I’m not, there’s no properties pop up that I see, I must be blind

image.jpg

Ah I see you use the big picture mode :)

Click on Manage Game right under the Niche Logo and then click on Select Beta and select the release preview.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Micha said:

Ah I see you use the big picture mode :)

Click on Manage Game right under the Niche Logo and then click on Select Beta and select the release preview.

That’s what I did, it says I have to use a passcode