Stray Fawn Community

Hemophilia Starting Female Glitch

Robb Plat

Hi Niche fans and developers,

While playing version 1.2.1 I encounter a glitch that I have mentioned before in previous games.  I also saw that Niche is marketing this game to teachers, but if they see this glitch then they might not be so thrilled because a female homozygote for hemophilia (Figure 1) having non-hemophilic sons (Figures 2 and 3) is an untenable situation.  However, it seems that non-starter female Nichelings have a normal mode of inheritance for the X-linked hemophilia gene, so there is no problem there. It is just the starting female. I am attaching the file so that you can see this for yourself. I hope you can fix this before you sell it to educators.

Robb Plat

Figure 1.png

Figure 2.png

Figure 3.png

Hemophilia Glitch? File Slot2.nichesave

• Like 3

4 replies to this post

I just noticed the same thing and was reporting it, but since you have already reported this, I'm just adding this picture here. I haven't tested if this is just starter female.

Not sure if they got the gene nowhere or they inherited it wrongly from father (when they would got y-chromosome.)

bloodclotting.png

• Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 9:47 AM, viikviik said:

I just noticed the same thing and was reporting it, but since you have already reported this, I'm just adding this picture here. I haven't tested if this is just starter female.

Not sure if they got the gene nowhere or they inherited it wrongly from father (when they would got y-chromosome.)

It's a mystery to me too. :)

Hi, it's me again. :)

I come bearing updates about the same glitch in the current version.

A wandering female whom I invited into my tribe, Tala, had five children.  You can see in the family tree that I have highlighted the hemophilia gene to display the line of inheritance.  I have not changed the offspring's names, so you can tell by the names that the two children who inherited the gene are female, i.e., Sita and Simere, whereas the male children, i.e., Roduk, Tavandon, and Kukulur, have not.

I should hope that this glitch for the only sex-linked gene gets fixed eventually.

Your Niche fan,

Robb Plat

(n.b.: I only get this glitch from females with double hemophilia. You should follow this lead.

Viikviik, the user above, found this glitch from a female from his clan, i.e., not a wandering female. My first post was from my starting female, and my latest post is with a wandering female. The only commonality is that they are all females who have two copies of the hemophilia gene.)

From newest version Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 2.53.15 PM.png

• Like 1