Stray Fawn Community

Help make my art better?

MAТТRESS

1 minute ago, Beauty said:

I know how to do a background you can be proud of

Well I don't really try too hard on the backgrounds anymore. I was talking more about the nichelings themselves. But thank you!

• Like 1

I love the colours you use for your lineart! It makes them all look so cute! You have a really clear style as well!  

I think the thing that throws me off a bit, is that you have the structure of the eyes and face as if the nicheling is facing straight towards the viewer, but with the way you've drawn the muzzle, many of your nichelings look like they've maybe had a broken jaw at some point and I think it's primarily based on how long the bottom line of the muzzle is.

The third picture you included, with the closed eyed yellow nicheling is the one I personally like the best, because the muzzle lines are close to the same length, as well as more centred and it feels more like I'm looking at a cute creature straight on

Something to try would be adjusting the angle of the entire head, so that the muzzle flows as an extension of the head, rather than an add on, if that makes sense? For nichelings looking directly straight forward, keeping those muzzle lines roughly the same length and for nichelings that are looking to the side trying to visualise and convey that they've moved their entire head slightly in the direction they're looking 

I hope that helps!

• Like 1