Stray Fawn Community

Give me honest criticism on my art

Sky

Please give me honest criticisim on my art, thank you :) please ignore the fact that pretty much everything is just a sketch though, I do that because it's easier and less time-consuming (and ignore the bad quality pictures for the paper sketches...)

some pieces of mine:

396945629_StarDog.png.6144a42fc58118579decb63d9e118dac.png934177614_Random.orgcatwithoutshading.png.9f166bd5498be07fef3fe2c22ac5f5cc.png

image.png.0d8f23e924c993eb729f32077b646549.png

image.png.352672229bd5f745b330e25140b4208d.png

image.png.136eeaac20ad9261b47c0483736edf05.png

• Like 3

I love the shape of your nichelings! Especially Kutu, they look so cute!

I think you've really nailed the shape and look of the body and something to work on could be the integration of the head with the body. Especially with the first pencil sketch, I just have no idea where their jaw is. If you sort of break down each piece of the anatomy, you can sketch that in and then just go over it again pressing a little harder to make a more solid outline, it helps the viewer distinguish each part of the nicheling from the pattern and details.

I also find it can be really helpful to look at photos of creatures that have similar features as the nicheling I'm trying to draw, even if they themselves look nothing like the nicheling. So for big eared nichelings, I look at photos of fennec foxes to see where and how their ears join their head and for antlers or ram horns, I look at not just pictures of actual animals with antlers, but also how other people have drawn antlers and use that to form my own mental image of how I want those antlers to look. 

I hope that helps! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I drew some random nichelings from old screenshots, all from tribes I did playthroughs of here on the forums! Please give criticisim for these too :) Oh, and I know, Meena's armored body, looks horrible, I tried several times and couldn't get it.

(Also, Nota is supposed to have his head in a hole he dug with his diggers paw)

image.thumb.png.11dabd8f0540b7c4b6a0636997e18492.png

• Love 2