Stray Fawn Community

Halp me with art

The most beautiful thing

All of your nichelings are so expressive! I love it!

I think something that could be helpful would be to think about the anatomy of the creature and why they look the way they do. So for example, the neck on your first drawing makes me think that this creature would have problems holding up its head, whereas your third nicheling looks like it has a nice strong neck that isn't going to have any problems at all. The same holds for for the chest and legs. Most animals have thicker chests than waists, as they need the room for their rib cage and so they can breath. Stomachs don't take up as much space or need as much room, so you tend to get that curve you see a lot of in cats and dogs. I find that looking at photos of real animals and the way their bones and muscles work can help a lot in making your drawings seem that much more real, even if what you're drawing is really stylised 

I hope that helps!

• Like 4

I agree with Valkyrie Wolf. And I have a few more specific pointers for your art :)

So the first drawing. It looks good, the changes you made from the original improved it a ton! What I would do is underneath the main layers, I would start with simple and quick circles for the head, chest, and butt. Then from there you can connect with the back etc. and it flows better and has better proportions. With this one perhaps the body could be thiccer. Also the back leg is connected at the top, I would leave it open like you did with the front leg.

the second drawing is also great. The neck is a bit thick at the top so I would slim it down. Also notice how in your drawing the body is straight while the leg goes slanted? I would reverse it so the body is leaning forward and the leg is straight, because that is how an animal realistically sits.

the other two drawings have similar suggestions to the first 2. 

Some things that may help you overall is cleaning up the lines. I see a lot of overlap in the lineart. Do you draw with a mouse or a trackpad? If you don’t then a tablet with low-ish correction settings may help avoid that. 

• Like 2