Stray Fawn Community

I Can't Draw, I need help

Broken

I'm going to based off Bloodstone, since it seems looks like the most recent. Her ears look like they're about to fall off her head, her hind legs are sticking out of her body, and the one on the left you can't tell if its behind her or in front of her. Her gems are way to small, and aren't in their right places.

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Please don’t say that your art is horrible... I love them all, you should really give yourself some credit for awesome work! And while I can’t give you criticism right now, the best I can tell you is to keep practicing at getting better with your skills! :)

I really love how you use coloured pencils to not just colour but also create fur texture! Especially the last image, the colouring looks great!

I think for you, my advice would be to break down all the parts of the nichelings into their components and use that to develop a kind of skeleton to use as a base when doing the full drawing. Even though nichelings are fictional creatures, most of their genes are based off real creatures, so you can use those for reference. Especially with things like the wings, I find it can be helpful to think about the basic mechanics of how they work and how we see them. So we don't really see all the fluffy feathers that are the base of the wings, we just see the general shape of the wings, which is primarily the primary and flight feathers. And honestly you can pretty much google anything and at least start getting some ideas about how to get started (example, I googled how to draw folded wings and got these results - it won't necessarily show you the exact pose you need, but by having an idea of the mechanics you can develop an idea of how they would work in that position) And once you know the mechanics, with some practice, you can get to the point where you don't need the references.

I hope that helps!

• Like 3

the one thing I can tell from this is that you are the most patient human being on this planet because you can actually use colouring pencils extremely well. I literally can't use colouring pencils I just make a scribbled mess