Stray Fawn Community

do me do me

georgie

gimme criticism pls

heres my two most recent arts

1996843625_whatt2electricbogaloo.thumb.png.32d530625e7e12b4d54252c7679d510d.png159516001_artcontestcosmosAaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.thumb.png.146526d0c51c5771ef09d757efa38b7a.png

I already know that the claw on the second ones really bad, and the head on the second one doesn't look right in that position.. I kinda like mekoko with her head bent like that though? shes supposed to look really weird and unnatural and creepy. but maybe criticize me on the execution of it? idk

I really need to start drawing other backgrounds than just patterns..

• Like 3

It's kind of hard to tell what you need to change, since your art is so stylistic. Here's some things I noticed with the two pieces:

1: the body is too tall, the teeth look really weird since they have a beak, medium tail shouldn't be longer than the body, the hind legs are too tall, the elbows are too low

2: the paws and the claw all look really weird. the paws are too long, and the claw's "thumb" is too big. I have no clue what's up with his neck. The elbow on his claw is in a weird place. The hind legs are too tall, and the bottom part of the hind legs are positioned in a really strange way.

• Paw up 1

I love your angular style! I think for you I'd like to challenge you a little bit. I think it would be really interesting if you broke down the pieces even further in that angular style. So for example, rather than having the paw be a full shape in itself, break down the paw into its component shapes, which might help with some of your anatomy concerns as well. The same thing for the head, break it down to the skull, the ears, the muzzle. 

I also love your shading in the first drawing and think it would really help take your art to the next level if you leaned into that shading (keeping in mind the whole where is the light source thing, which it looks like you've already got a good hold on)

I hope that helps!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Paw up 1