Stray Fawn Community

Am I racist?

Lilytuft

I feel like I let the nichelings' fur colors affect my opnion on them more than other physical traits...

Derp snout? Useless but cute

Short snout? Even more useless but also even cuter

Bearyena snout? At least it's strong

Rogue child? Will keep, might be sacrificed during food shortage

Nichling with barf looking/weirly beige fur color? Ummm... you can just collect those berries over there... If you have good genes, you can get a mate but don't count on that...

2 hours ago, Yambo said:

At least you aren't sacrificing them to the waves because you don't wanna have 30 nichelings.

Why would anyone do that? The toxic berry bushes are so much more fun. The best way to sacrifice nicheling has to be carnivorous plants though.

• Haha 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

I notice I keep tiers with wildly different tolerance levels. Short snout on a cute wanderer? Yeah, okay. Short snout on their kid? Possibly quite bad. Grandchild? Is there a bird?

I'm not even sure where to start with that. Systematic discrimination seems pre-programmed, but reverse blood purity?? Niche just makes you want to half-sarcastically question yourself at 3 am in the morning. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IlluminatiMoose said:

Why would anyone do that? The toxic berry bushes are so much more fun. The best way to sacrifice nicheling has to be carnivorous plants though.

Actually, true! Why sacrifice them to the waves when you can unlock spiky or toxic body?

• Like 1
  • Paw up 2

5 minutes ago, Yambo said:

Actually, true! Why sacrifice them to the waves when you can unlock spiky or toxic body?

The only time I've drowned a nicheling is to unlock water genes to get the achievement. I've actually never unlocked spiky body actually.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

I usually tend to hate yellow fur but if I have a whole tribe with black fur a yellow Nicheling will be great looking because I need a alot of variety in my tribes. So in that sense I rarely sort out anybody for looks because I like different looks. However if I don't have enough different looks and a same looking Nicheling is born they might be in a little bit of a trouble.

• Like 3
  • Paw up 1

5 hours ago, IlluminatiMoose said:

The only time I've drowned a nicheling is to unlock water genes to get the achievement. I've actually never unlocked spiky body actually.

I find a river with a central island tile and just make pointless nichelings swim laps in circles. Those kinds of rivers are usually in the rainforest though...

• Like 5