Stray Fawn Community

Am I making everyone depressed??

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Guest SilverTheNicheling

So! Ever since I threw a goddamn hissy fit about loosing a stupid art comp.. I have apparently made everyone here even more tired and depressed of life, I am getting rid of my “Why I HATE Art Competitions” post, and then I am planning on leaving the forums for a while, I’m not SURE when I’ll come back, but apparently I’ve made everyone here miserable around me, I’ve broken all social methods and did the opposite, and now I should remove myself because I REALLY don’t know how to fix this! I’m just done.. I have Discord if you guys just wanna chat with me privately, but otherwise I don’t feel like I can be in this community anymore...

Discord: SilverTheNicheling

Tag: #8518

I was gone for two hours and the thread vanished. What happened? 

Aside from that, I don't think you're actively making people miserable. If someone is wary of conflict though, then, possibly, seeing others upset will upset them quite a lot. Even if it is a rant.

At the same time, people do need a room to express themselves. It's a pre-programmed issue when people react to things differently. It's good then to avoid strong labels (e.g. miserable. hate. swearing or caps lock). But, honestly, I've messed up quite badly and I likely will again. Even so, how you manage a conflict is generally more important than the issue itself. We're all stuck between some conflicting goals, but there is compromise and we do learn.

But, the thread didn't seem too bad? Quoting Renio was mean, but it's just a quite strong opinion otherwise with some heavy personal hurt beneath. You wanted to protect people from feeling down, and you do now, too. So I doubt that you meant any malice or that is was read as such... we just need to be careful with intensity and overstating severity when slipping too much. Not because either is bad, but it tends to wind people up.

• Like 1

It's impossible to know what effect our actions have on other people.
What we can do is to threat others kindly and with respect, the same way we would like to be threated ourselves.
And even then someone might get upset sometimes because of reasons we don't understand.
If we feel that someone got hurt, we can appologise and be more careful next time.

If something causes you stress, it is usually a good idea to take a step back.
So taking a break could be a good idea.

• Like 7

What I think is that everyone is making each other miserable. It’s no one’s fault. If we can learn to have a positive attitude and let go of the hate towards people that bother us, we may actually feel better coming here rather than worse. But those are just my thoughts. 

I personally have never been truly bothered by anyone here—I think you’re all wonderful! :D 

• Like 2