Stray Fawn Community

Problem with loose pixels.

Daniel

The game is great and has a lot of potential!! 😘 😎 💪 👏

My only small problem is that I spend some time struggling with the ground pixels that remain after drilling a field, my drone is locked in them and in the distant view they are hard to see. !! 

The biggest problem is when the giant snake approaches me and I want to escape!

Can developers add a loose pixel sensor and have the sensor detect it and remove it automatically? Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These loose pixels give us a headache since quite some time and we're not sure yet what's the best way to solve the problem. We tried several things (like detecting them automatically and then removing), but either it was deleting too much (like slowly removing terrain) or it was taking too much computer performance to calculate. The problem is on our radar, but so far no suitable solution was found to fix it. We're aware of it and try to fix it, but I can't yet estimate when and if we can fix it. I'm very sorry :/ 

Yes, the best workaround are flamethrowers.

Maybe a solution could be to make terrain take damage from the mass / velocity of the drone itself.

Ramming into a solid wall will still stop, you but leaves a little dent in the ground. (could probably lead to new ways of terraforming :))

But something like a little spot of rubble does not really have anything to say in that matter and will just be crushed into nothingness.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Interesting! Maybe the damage could be inverse proportional to how much terrain is stored in a single pixel (we use marching squares for the terrain) and if you collide with terrain it could damage it. This might be work @STM xD I'll forward the idea to the team, might be feasible to do. Can't promise anything tho :) 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

How does it feel now? We added the ability for the drone to destroy terrain by bumping into the terrain a while back.

While it still is possible to get stuck, does it now happen more rare? Does it still feel frustrating or can you get out of the stuck pixel pretty quickly?

It happens sometimes with a small drone when it is rather slow, i.e. turning around.

But nothing a flamer won't be able to fix.

On my bigger creations I have yet to be stuck on an 'invisible' pixel.

• Like 1