Stray Fawn Community

Between a Rock and a hard place

Somehow all my parts except the main Core got destroyed, and I slowly floated down. Bomb-bugs stay their distance, and snake was juuuuust far enough away.

I learned that when you're only a Core, if you right-click you explode lol (unless that was just funny timing)

Nimbatus_GIF_201804301936092772.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201804301936272435.gif

• Like 2

:) We probably have to add systems which check if you are able to play anymore and then destroy the core automatically :) Your described event happens a bit too often for my taste. The reason is, that the core part has more health points than the rest and often is better protected than the other parts since it's in the middle.

Either automatically destroy the core part if nothing else exists which can be controlled or give it less HP (but maybe a better/faster self-healing).

Do you have any ideas how you would like to love this?

About the self-exploding: You can set up a key to automatically destroy your drone. Normally it is set to X, but maybe you accidentally set it to right-click? Otherwise nothing should be able to kill your core instantly :/ 

• Like 1

Personally it doesn't bother me. I found it pretty funny that it happened haha.

This is the only time it's happened to me, but I could see it being annoying for beginners. Unsure how to tackle the balancing. Higher HP core means beginners learn other mechanics first before needing armor/shields. Depends on if it's better to have this happen more or where the entire drone explodes more(?) Does it mainly happen when encountering the blast-bugs? 

For system diagnostics, I don't think that would be necessary. People already have to judge when their drone can't make it anymore when they do have parts left on their ship  (no way to pick up chest, only 1 tiny fuel container left and my ship is too heavy to get out of the center of the planet, weapon can't dig well enough, etc.) Being left with just their Core is another decision like that. 

My right click is always assigned to secondary weapons and it never makes me explode. Maybe something else happened that I just didn't notice. I was busy laughing. :D

• Like 2