Stray Fawn Community

A new fur/skin type slot.

Snow53211

This idea seems to be floating around, with people wanting long hair, short hair, feather, or scales. A new slot, that would allow you to add these to the body type your nichling has. Some body types may unable to have fur/skin, like the underwater body type. But things like feathers could help you fly more, fur helps you resist hot or cold, attractiveness, distastefulness,  the possiblitys are limitless. 

* please note that this was not my original idea, I felt it was needed to create a new suggestion for it

• Like 4

5 replies to this post

We could definetly make it to some extent.
The question it, at what cost?
It would be a HUGE amount of work to make each model (let's say berry paw) for each skin type.
Also for new genes we'd always need let's say 5 times as many models as before.
Then the question is: Is it cooler to have 5 new genes, each with unique mechanics or one new gene (but with 5 different skin types).
I'm all over the idea of skin types, but I'm just not sure how to do it without adding a big draw back to adding new stuff ^^

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Philo said:

We could definetly make it to some extent.
The question it, at what cost?
It would be a HUGE amount of work to make each model (let's say berry paw) for each skin type.
Also for new genes we'd always need let's say 5 times as many models as before.
Then the question is: Is it cooler to have 5 new genes, each with unique mechanics or one new gene (but with 5 different skin types).
I'm all over the idea of skin types, but I'm just not sure how to do it without adding a big draw back to adding new stuff ^^

True, maybe  the skin types would mainly effect the torso, and legs, because you see dogs with puffy coats right? Their paws aren't Puffier, i think the same thing can be applied with the nichlings. I also feel certain body types should be incompatible with certain fur/skin types, like the spiky, water and toxic bodies.

• Like 2

I agree with @Snow53211 on being on certain body types as well as not showing on paws (and tails) maybe instead there could be a change in coloration to paws depending on the skin/fur type. if fluffy fur or something like that was added the legs and tails would remain the same but with things like scales or no fur the paws/tails would take on the coloration of the genetic. And maybe some skin types would remove certain tail spots, the way peacock tail is removed from females, since a furless creature wouldn't have a big fluffy stinky tail (not sure if this creates more or less work?) I feel like this kinda brings things back to primarily body types being changed, where heads/legs would only have slight changes and the body would be the primary difference. I'll draw up a couple designs to try to better explain what I mean here.