Stray Fawn Community

Drone Collection: Feedback more options, organization, etc

DreamShark

I know some of this was in the previous forum before it was revamped/wiped, so I wanted to bring it back. 

Also had some free time to play around with drawing up a new UI for the Drone Collection to showcase some of what I envisioned. 

Being able to sort, order, organize our drones would be awesome! Or display more information in the collection - or present more options (and keyboard shortcuts for quick access)

Sorting Suggestions:

• Drag-and-drop order
  • Folders
  • Last Used/Edited section
  • Designate drone as Mission or Sumo
  • Filter by the same Requirements as Sumo or Missions (transmission bonus)
  • Tag Drones

Display more Info: 

• Custom Notes about the Drone
  • # of Sumo battles won by a Drone (I'm still terrible at Sumo at the moment, so this may be a feature >_>)

Quicker Navigation: 

• Maybe a radial menu that appears when you click a ship? (Options: click drone to open menu, if user held down mouse, they release the mouse after placing over an option to choose it) Can click X or click outside menu to make it disappear. I understand the Circles don't fit the very angular motif of the rest of the menu though. 
  • Direct access to Weapons Tree 
  • Direct access to Test fly a ship

Drone Collection.png

• Like 1

1 reply to this post

Wow very cool mockup!

We'd like to redesign the drone selection screen as soon as we add drone sharing with the steam workshop, because then you will most likely have a ton more drones from different players. We plan to add the drone sharing during the alpha :)

So keep the ideas coming :D  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1